Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

it's just weird from bangla, how can they be so rubbish from a decent position.

I'd understand if a team made loads of century stands and made a huge score that way, but how do you go from 5-158 to 6-497 against mccullum and guptill????????

iqbal looks decent at least. for now.

McCullum finally stepped up and Guptill is actually one of the most talented new players around right now. If you're trying to say they're bad then you're wrong. Our top order - Taylor is bad, nothing wrong with the lower order.

I"m guessing what Stinky meant is that how did Bangladesh allow two players like Guptill and McCullum bat for so long when they're notorious for throwing away good starts, well I hope that's what he meant anyway. They've both got enough talent to be making scores like that more often.

As a Kiwi, I'm really glad to see Guppy make a good test score. His FC stats aren't too flattering and I was afraid we had picked him too early. I'm still nervous about that considering it was just bangladesh, but Guptill has proved me wrong.

Top/Middle/low order look pretty good. Openers still an issue though.

McCullum finally proved that he has the mind to play test cricket and isn't just a slogger. Guptill may become very pivotal in NZ especially if he can play anywhere from opener to number 5 or 6.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Ryder is fit do you think they might try him at number three again?

what I meant was guptill and mccullum really are not the sort of players that should be so massively changing a game with huge scores, not from a good position.

350ish is an insane partnership, we' not talking a solid 150-200. 350!!!!

irotev, you don't really believe mccullum will make double hundreds on any sort of regular basis do you?

Vettori and Tamim go way back, from that WU match before WC07. Tamim hit Vettori back past him few times, and he didnt like that, then Tamim talked back and stuff. No 1 even knew about Tamim then. I didnt either. Then when they were in Bangladesh. Also you saw what you saw on the 1st ODI :laugh

tamim looks a bit like sehwag-lite

he plays quite aggressive, but does tend to pick the right balls to let go and attack, and he also over does it ODIs but finds the balance in tests.

obviously not even close to the same league (at least yet) but he's similar in that way.

But when Sehwag bats now days, the bowlers have a fear in them. They mess up. Look at DS. Sehwag got to him early, and he couldnt do ████ after that. But when Tamim bats, its like..

irotev, you don't really believe mccullum will make double hundreds on any sort of regular basis do you?

Of course not on a regular basis. McCullum will break 3 figures again though and whether he can crack 200 i'm not sure but he's still pretty young. No wicket keeper has 2 double hundreds. He's in the top 10 highest test scores for a keeper with this knock though which is no mean feat.

For as much crap people dish out on Brendon McCullum for being inconsistant, he really could have a much better 100's record if he didn't choke in the 80's and 90's so much. He has seven scores from 84-99, three of which are 96,97 and 99.

Jeez, how bad is Mohammad Ashraful. He couldn't get a run if his life depended on it. Unfortunate to see Tamim go early this morning. We always knew Bangladesh didn't have it in them to win or draw this match after New Zealand hit that much but one always hopes for that individual brilliance and Tamim was looking really good for his 68. Shame he couldn't go on.

He's a much better batsman than Imrul Kayes. There is no doubt about that. But from what I've seen, Tamim Iqbal could do with Imrul Kayes' head on his shoulders. While Imrul Kayes' actual limited ability prevents him from being a consistent batsmen, I've seen some very admirable qualities of patience and perseverance in him that Tamim could really use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread