Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

Just drop Chris Martin already. Seriously, he's old, slow and just plain garbage.

Shravi knows his cricket. Martin will not be dropped until he retires sadly, Vettori has for a few years now seen him as his best bowler for some unknown reason. He just isn't attacking enough for my liking. Yea he might end up with tidy figures of 3/90 just about every innings, but he just doesn't take enough top order wickets.

This is Shakib's best innings with the bat for a long time. Haven't watched it so I don't know how fluky it was ;)

Any up and coming NZ pace bowlers? Could have given one of them a shot against Bangladesh instead of playing Patel.

Yeah, but every single one of them is injured at the moment. New Zealand's quickest bowler Mitchell McClenaghan has been out injured all season. Trent Boult is still recovering from back stress-fractures. Hamish Bennett has been injured for the most part of the season (I think he made his comeback last week)

In the perfect world Andy McKay would be our 10-15th best seamer, but because of retirement and injuries he's know our 4-5th best seamer.

is this pitch flat as a pancake like the ones against india?

why the hell would you prepare a pitch like this for a 1 test series? if bangla avoid the follow on it will be difficult to force a result.

Yeah it's pretty flat. It's not a bad wicket though. They needed something flat when Bangladesh play though because they want the game to go 5 days or at least 4.

Any up and coming NZ pace bowlers? Could have given one of them a shot against Bangladesh instead of playing Patel.

Not really. We have a few young guys and injured players (McKay for example) but really we can't drop Martin because we don't have a replacement. His bowling is ok, he's still high 130kms and hits low 140s at times. He needs to stop going around the wicket.

Last edited:
This is Shakib's best innings with the bat for a long time. Haven't watched it so I don't know how fluky it was ;)

Wasn't really fluky. He played some solid shots and then played some shots you wouldn't play when your team is 300 runs behind but even then he played those shots well.

Yeah, but every single one of them is injured at the moment. New Zealand's quickest bowler Mitchell McClenaghan has been out injured all season. Trent Boult is still recovering from back stress-fractures. Hamish Bennett has been injured for the most part of the season (I think he made his comeback last week)

In the perfect world Andy McKay would be our 10-15th best seamer, but because of retirement and injuries he's know our 4-5th best seamer.

Where is all them kids that played in the U19 WC? There was some talent there. Are they playing any first class matches.

Wasn't really fluky. He played some solid shots and then played some shots you wouldn't play when your team is 300 runs behind but even then he played those shots well.

It's been a mixture of good shots and terrible ones. He's in all honestly lucky to still be in but he's ridden his luck and played some good shots so yeah.

It's been a mixture of good shots and terrible ones. He's in all honestly lucky to still be in but he's ridden his luck and played some good shots so yeah.

well terrible shots executed well if that can be said.

Omg, second ball after tea he flashes and gets ANOTHER one over the slips. Go buy a lotto ticket.

Bangladesh play better ODI cricket in test matches than they do in ODIs.

That was a good interview with Siddons. Liked how he took shots at Ashraful for failing.

i blame my brother! he walked in! i said GET OUTTA HERE! and by the time he got out... it was too late

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

That was a good interview with Siddons. Liked how he took shots at Ashraful for failing.

LOL what else can he do...

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

YES! NZ are batting again! :laugh

Aww batsman should have stayed. Good by McCullum, he done nothing wrong IMO.

Was watching a movies, did he edge it or not?

O crap just saw the replay, that didn't carry! Sucks for him.

Users who are viewing this thread