Batting help in Pro mode

Nothing u can do to get a bowl, just cross your fingers, twist your neck, cross your arms, stand on your head and just hope for the best...
Nothing u can do to get the camera to show another view of the batsman when he gets out, the point is u should feel the shame of getting out as realistically as possible... FEEL IT!!!

Yeah my career scores have been steadily climbing since I started punishing myself for poor shot selection by ritual disembowelment in front of pictures of my relatives.

Yup, emptying your bowel should help enhance your footwork :yes

Yeah I'm slow as hell 'til I've had a dump. It's not very nice for the wicketkeeper neither.

Yeah I'm slow as hell 'til I've had a dump. It's not very nice for the wicketkeeper neither.

I see that we have one more believer in my "gastric disintegration" theory :thumbs

Which one is the LS button on my controller I have LT,RT, LB,RB buttons on my remote. I am pressing LT for aggressive shots. If I press LB batsmen plays unorthodox shots. I am still unable to hit at least 1 ball in pro mode. please help.

Thanks
Raghu

Which one is the LS button on my controller I have LT,RT, LB,RB buttons on my remote. I am pressing LT for aggressive shots. If I press LB batsmen plays unorthodox shots. I am still unable to hit at least 1 ball in pro mode. please help.

Thanks
Raghu

LS is the left analog stick.

You're using RS (the Right Stick) to select a shot. In Pro difficulty, you also need to move the LS (Left Stick) to control the footwork - either forward or back depending on whether you want to play front or back foot.

It's not clear as yet whether you need to also move the stick in the left/right direction towards the ball in Pro. My understanding was that it was necessary, but I thought you had to move the feet in Amateur (and that it was only Rookie that you didn't have to) so I'm no longer certain of anything except that you do have to move your feet to play shots in Pro.

LS is the left analog stick.

You're using RS (the Right Stick) to select a shot. In Pro difficulty, you also need to move the LS (Left Stick) to control the footwork - either forward or back depending on whether you want to play front or back foot.

It's not clear as yet whether you need to also move the stick in the left/right direction towards the ball in Pro. My understanding was that it was necessary, but I thought you had to move the feet in Amateur (and that it was only Rookie that you didn't have to) so I'm no longer certain of anything except that you do have to move your feet to play shots in Pro.

Yes I tried by using Ls now.. but still no use.. Can't even hit one ball.. Some of them suggessted that I need to press the LS button and hit the RS for shots.. I tried even that but no use in pro mode.. In amateur I can hit the ball. I can hit 300+ in 20 overs games. But in pro mode with same timing I am unbale to connect a single ball..

Yes I tried by using Ls now.. but still no use.. Can't even hit one ball.. Some of them suggessted that I need to press the LS button and hit the RS for shots.. I tried even that but no use in pro mode.. In amateur I can hit the ball. I can hit 300+ in 20 overs games. But in pro mode with same timing I am unbale to connect a single ball..

Go to "Match practice" and try batting as an average batsman against a good fast medium bowler at Pro or Veteran difficulty level. Check whether you are able to hit the ball there and what's the feedback you get (footwork - good, timing - late etc.)

You don't press the LS. You push it towards where you want your feet to be placed. i.e. For a wide, full pitched ball, push the LS to the 2 o'clock position and then play the shot with the RS.
Likewise if the want to play back to a straight delivery you pull the LS back to the 6 o'clock position and then play your shot.

If you don't move the LS you will miss virtually every delivery, except when the ball hits the back of your bat as you stand at the address position with your bat in the air.

Last edited:
Hitting 300+ in 20 overs game, without knowing how to use the left stick, really???? I find that hard to believe...
Nevertheless, i still think your best bet are the nets... Noone can teach u how to bat, except clarify the controls for u, other than that u have to try in the nets...
Practice makes perfect
Use trial and error to discover what works and what doesn't.

[DOUBLEPOST=1406749403][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't press the LS. You push it towards where you want your feet to be placed.
That

If you are just starting to learn the proper usage of the LS, i'd advice that should just stick with up or down... Then learn as u go...

You don't need to use the LS in amateur mode.
I use the LS as I would my left leg when batting in a real game. i.e. Foot to the pitch of the ball.
I think that's the easiest method and it won't get you into bad habits. You don't want to be plonking your leg straight down the middle of the pitch and playing across the line.

Last edited:
Hitting 300+ in 20 overs game, without knowing how to use the left stick, really???? I find that hard to believe...
Nevertheless, i still think your best bet are the nets... Noone can teach u how to bat, except clarify the controls for u, other than that u have to try in the nets...
Practice makes perfect
Use trial and error to discover what works and what doesn't.

[DOUBLEPOST=1406749403][/DOUBLEPOST]
That

If you are just starting to learn the proper usage of the LS, i'd advice that should just stick with up or down... Then learn as u go...
Yes bro.. I don't need to use much of LS button in amateur mode. I need to use LS button now in Pro mode.

You don't need to use the LS in amateur mode.
I use the LS as I would my left leg when batting in a real game. i.e. Foot to the pitch of the ball.
I think that's the easiest method and it won't get you into bad habits. You don't want to be plonking your leg straight down the middle of the pitch and playing across the line.

Unfortunately that's how I play right now :( I push LS straight up as any deviation on LS to either side (up & left or up& right) results in the batsman moving all across the crease in that direction and usually the end result is batsman getting bowled behind his ass.

Users who are viewing this thread