Batting help in Pro mode

Unfortunately that's how I play right now :( I push LS straight up as any deviation on LS to either side (up & left or up& right) results in the batsman moving all across the crease in that direction and usually the end result is batsman getting bowled behind his ass.

I get the impression that the sideways movement of the stick becomes more important at Veteran and Legend.

At pro level I often found my boy stepping way outside leg stump in order to play inside out, when I hadn't moved the LS that far from straight. My understanding is that we get more assistance at Pro level - and sometimes I've found (as you have) that the assistance is more of a hindrance than a help.

Unfortunately that's how I play right now :( I push LS straight up as any deviation on LS to either side (up & left or up& right) results in the batsman moving all across the crease in that direction and usually the end result is batsman getting bowled behind his ass.

I've seen that a few people push the LS before the bowler bowls the ball. This will make your batsman move across the crease. I only move my LS once the bowler has released the ball. I've not had any problems with being bowled behind my legs.

I play on veteran and just started a new career on legend, and I'm not entirely convinced that the footwork is too necessary.

In my experience, pushing straight up or straight down is sufficient for anything near the stumps, with only 45 degree diagonal deviations being required when the ball is very wide on either side.

I'm not sure pointing the left stick at 1 o'clock makes any difference to 12 o'clock - it seems that there's 6 options for footwork; back foot, front foot and off/leg side variations of those.

I only move my LS once the bowler has released the ball.
Really??? I've tried that and it's just, messy for me... If u've mastered that then it's totally awesome for u man... If i use both my thumbs to flick the LS and RS at the same time (like u do), i just end up either moving em in the same direction or just wrong... Really tough for me...
Thats y i either pick front foot or back foot before the ball and focus more on the shot direction... It totally works for me, never missed a ball that i judged correctly...
But i do think your way is the proper way...

I get the impression that the sideways movement of the stick becomes more important at Veteran and Legend.

At pro level I often found my boy stepping way outside leg stump in order to play inside out, when I hadn't moved the LS that far from straight. My understanding is that we get more assistance at Pro level - and sometimes I've found (as you have) that the assistance is more of a hindrance than a help.

I play on Legend and any slight movement of the stick is amplified in higher difficulty levels. I never faced that many issues on PRO but on Legend a slight mistake in the footwork, mostly unintentional, and you are gone. PRO is much more forgiving.

I play on Legend and any slight movement of the stick is amplified in higher difficulty levels. I never faced that many issues on PRO but on Legend a slight mistake in the footwork, mostly unintentional, and you are gone. PRO is much more forgiving.
The game should probably have some sort of feedback for footwork, because as mentioned previously I don't feel that slight movements of the stick actually do anything. It seems to be 45 degree increments for front/back foot so only 6 options. Neither the manual nor the ingame tutorials mention slight deviations making a difference.

This is the diagram in the manual;
WmzbO1E.jpg

The game should probably have some sort of feedback for footwork, because as mentioned previously I don't feel that slight movements of the stick actually do anything. It seems to be 45 degree increments for front/back foot so only 6 options. Neither the manual nor the ingame tutorials mention slight deviations making a difference.

This is the diagram in the manual;
WmzbO1E.jpg

I think the issue is that even a slight variation from staright up or down results in the 'up & right' or 'down & left' footwork to be triggered. You may unintentionall have the LS at 1'0 clock instead of 12 but the game interprets it as up & right instead of up. Maybe some tolerance needs to be bulit in (say 10 degrees wither way) before the input is treated as not up or down but 'up & right' or 'down & left'.

Really??? I've tried that and it's just, messy for me... If u've mastered that then it's totally awesome for u man... If i use both my thumbs to flick the LS and RS at the same time (like u do), i just end up either moving em in the same direction or just wrong... Really tough for me...
Thats y i either pick front foot or back foot before the ball and focus more on the shot direction... It totally works for me, never missed a ball that i judged correctly...
But i do think your way is the proper way...

It just feels instinctive to me, just like playing a shot in a real game. Mind you, it doesn't mean that I'm any good at it.

If i use both my thumbs to flick the LS and RS at the same time (like u do),
You can move the left stick after the bowler releases the ball without having to do them at the same time. It would certainly be extremely difficult to carefully control both sticks at the same time in different directions, but I don't think anyone's suggesting that.

You can move the left stick after the bowler releases the ball without having to do them at the same time. It would certainly be extremely difficult to carefully control both sticks at the same time in different directions, but I don't think anyone's suggesting that.
Exactly. I just react as I would playing a real shot. Foot to the ball (LS), play shot (RS). Very simple really.

Hitting 300+ in 20 overs game, without knowing how to use the left stick, really???? I find that hard to believe...
Nevertheless, i still think your best bet are the nets... Noone can teach u how to bat, except clarify the controls for u, other than that u have to try in the nets...
Practice makes perfect
Use trial and error to discover what works and what doesn't.

[DOUBLEPOST=1406749403][/DOUBLEPOST]
That

If you are just starting to learn the proper usage of the LS, i'd advice that should just stick with up or down... Then learn as u go...
Yes bro.. I don't need to use much of ls button in amateur mode. I need to use LS button now in Pro mode.

As per all your suggesstions. I tried by using LS and it is working for me for some extent in Pro mode. Now I am able to play fast bolwers and unable to play any spin. Still learning.

In online mode if a opponent bowls spin from around the wicket and spinning the ball away from the batsmen to the offside. The batsmen cannot reach the ball and unable to play the ball.

As per all your suggesstions. I tried by using LS and it is working for me for some extent in Pro mode. Now I am able to play fast bolwers and unable to play any spin. Still learning.

In online mode if a opponent bowls spin from around the wicket and spinning the ball away from the batsmen to the offside. The batsmen cannot reach the ball and unable to play the ball.

I think you should focus on getting hang of the game before venturing online. If you are having trouble with LS/footwork while batting on PRO mode, it's not a surprise to hear about you struggling online.

Hello guys i am new to this site so first post

I just bought this game on xbox but after playing 3 matches on career mode i have 3 ducks in a row so any tips and pointers will be helpful

Users who are viewing this thread