Batting in career mode is a serious issue

Career mode as a batter requires patience.

I was in the same situation as you. My batting average in First Class and 50 Over matches in domestic was quite terrible especially when I chose my player to become a batting allrounder. First few games were either ducks or scoring less than 20.

Now as my player is progressing, I'm scoring around 30-50 runs most of the time with a few bad games in between and noticing that I am getting some attention by other leagues.

In my I do prefer the challenge Big Ant Studios has presented with a difficult career mode. It makes sense not to make our players start off with insane batting averages but instead force ourselves to build our player's career.

All I can say is to hang in there and don't give up on your player. The rewards will eventually come when you start scoring consistently well.

They do drop the catches but not regularly though. So far AI has dropped three sitters while I am batting. I am in season 2 of my career.

batting is very realistic but yes it's very hard.

Got my best ever career score yesterday. Previously it was 77 in a first class game, but I restarted my career post patch and my new guy is doing a lot better. Hit 79 off 47 in an ODI against my own created team (I added them to the career team list), totally chanceless innings until I was caught and bowled going for a bit hit over the bowler's head.

This new career (wk and #3 bat) is going much better, haven't had much time to play recently but my first two ODIs with this new player have seen me hit 40 and 79. First class average is still only 15 or so though. But I'm now only a fair way off Australian ODI tournament selection! In my first career save my selection chances went backwards to no chance so this is the first time I've got past "long way off."

i think the main issue with batting is simple singles..

they should be similar to basic shots but should not go as fast as basic shots even if they are timed properly.. they should be kept on ground..until and unless its a bad choice of shot..

you always get out on square leg with a good timed shot with spinners and no matter which side of the right stick you pull it goes to square leg..which is not acceptable..
and less defensive shots are useless...no point in keeping them..you cannot use them as they are of no use..you cant nudge them and take singles coz fielders are to fast..and on the leg side its completely useless..turn the less defensive shot ( lightly pressed R2 ) to basic slow ground shots , of course you have to time them well..that would add a lot of flavor to the game..

batting with batting allrounder is annoying in career mode....only batsman seems to pick up quickly and enjoyable as you progress..
batting with bowling allrounder and only bowler is hopelessly difficult..

Last edited:
Batting In international matches do get really hard...I think abit too hard or else domestic matches are alright.

Batting In international matches do get really hard...I think abit too hard or else domestic matches are alright.

The advantage is that once you play domestic matches after breaking into intl team, you do manage to score runs. I completed 5 match odi series and 5 match T20I series against SL and managed to average 23 in odis and 38 in T20Is. After the intl series I played a couple of Pro40 matches and got back to back 70s. Hopefully 100s are round the corner.

The advantage is that once you play domestic matches after breaking into intl team, you do manage to score runs. I completed 5 match odi series and 5 match T20I series against SL and managed to average 23 in odis and 38 in T20Is. After the intl series I played a couple of Pro40 matches and got back to back 70s. Hopefully 100s are round the corner.

yeah international matches are hard, you must think about every shot you play and can't afford a risky shot..and in domestic you can take some risk.

Game is not so tough

I have played for like 4 days and i see lot of guys here are playing for long time. i only want to bat. I have started my career as a batsman and i am forced to bowl. Why the hell i being a batsman i am bowling almost all alternative matches and that too in 46,48th overs in ODI. People say they take 8 wickets. Thats hasn't happened with me. i get 1 0r 2 wickets at max and i know how to bowl. I have dropped all catches as an bowler. i dont know which button to press because its too fast. many times i got run out after cancelling a run and pressing slide and still my batsman running lazy and put putting his bat. I average 20 in first class, 24 in one day and 20 in T20. i have made 4 fifties(50's) till now. My top score is 63. Playing on back foot is tough and eventually you will get out. better to play on front foot. I am fair chance away for selection in T20 and some chance in one day. batting is not so hard like told my people here. Need little patience and focus. Fielding is amazing. One time i hit a lofty shot and a fielder from inner ring eventually reached on boundary and took that catch. he ran like Bolt. in real life its not possible. i think they should see about fielding. Game is fun and in my first season i am about to get selected :)

I have played for like 4 days and i see lot of guys here are playing for long time. i only want to bat. I have started my career as a batsman and i am forced to bowl. Why the hell i being a batsman i am bowling almost all alternative matches and that too in 46,48th overs in ODI. People say they take 8 wickets. Thats hasn't happened with me. i get 1 0r 2 wickets at max and i know how to bowl. I have dropped all catches as an bowler. i dont know which button to press because its too fast. many times i got run out after cancelling a run and pressing slide and still my batsman running lazy and put putting his bat. I average 20 in first class, 24 in one day and 20 in T20. i have made 4 fifties(50's) till now. My top score is 63. Playing on back foot is tough and eventually you will get out. better to play on front foot. I am fair chance away for selection in T20 and some chance in one day. batting is not so hard like told my people here. Need little patience and focus. Fielding is amazing. One time i hit a lofty shot and a fielder from inner ring eventually reached on boundary and took that catch. he ran like Bolt. in real life its not possible. i think they should see about fielding. Game is fun and in my first season i am about to get selected :)

...What?

Good post but try to use some punctuation and breaks in the sentences as it is very hard to read otherwise. Cheers.

Bowling Assistance metre gone?

I noticed when I got selected for my international team that the bowling assistance window has gone now. Is this like a step up in difficulty or some weird glitch , because now I cant even bowl a single ball because Im so used to looking at it and now I cant get the timing down without it. :mad

I noticed when I got selected for my international team that the bowling assistance window has gone now. Is this like a step up in difficulty or some weird glitch , because now I cant even bowl a single ball because Im so used to looking at it and now I cant get the timing down without it. :mad

I think its made available in at all levels in Patch#2...But not sure for Career mode...

Thanks

I agree but i typed on my mobile so i had too many typo errors. Sorry for that. I now average 30 in first class and above 25 in one day and T20. Still waiting to get selected. My Highest score in first class is 105:)

Users who are viewing this thread