Batting in career mode is a serious issue

T20 is easy honestly. But what ruined it is the illegal fielding

577 runs in 9 matches. 164 highest. 2 hundreds avg 64.11 and strike rate is 215. Play to the field. I'm an opening batsman.

Scored 2 hundreds in 4 day and still to score my 100 in a 50 over game lol

P.s. I don't block at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah batting is too hard and bowling too easy.Though I played only career mode its too frustrating.
My best figures in a test match are 10/0 in innings and 20/1 in match.
The problem this is happening in every game.If I am bowling at beginning opposition team not scoring atleast 10 runs.
If bowl a ball result is wicket.
I took 350 first class wickets in just 20 games.funny thing is now I am trying to bowl to not to take wickets.
And for the batting the timing is getting perfect if we hit when he is jumping(fast) or rotating hand(spin).so I am sticking to only one shot i.e. legside.result is I got past the score 20 for just 2 times in almost 80 games.....
The whole idea of this game was good but this is just basic lot needed....

Whenever im playing a straight drive im hitting it straight to the bowler on the up, who is almost always dropping it, all my straight drives even the ones that go for 4's seem to be on the up till they cross the pitch, how to hit the straight drive that hits the pitch and then bounds off?

Whenever im playing a straight drive im hitting it straight to the bowler on the up, who is almost always dropping it, all my straight drives even the ones that go for 4's seem to be on the up till they cross the pitch, how to hit the straight drive that hits the pitch and then bounds off?

I've had the same experience. This doesn't seem to happen in the nets, and I don't think I'm timing the ball any differently during a match...

how to hit the straight drive that hits the pitch and then bounds off?

Use the ground-powershot triggers (L2/R2 at the same time)

Are you able to hit shots that bound of the pitch?, if so can you show me how, this is one thing thats not letting me enjoy the game to the fullest as i keep hitting straight(thanks to net practice) to the bowler who keeps dropping it , how ever well i time.almost all the time the ball is going straight of the bat with out hitting the ground when using straight drive.

I find drives easiest without using the triggers.

As do I, but if you want to near-guarantee an along-the-ground shot, especially in career mode then I use the triggers, especially if i'm new at the crease. Once I have a bit more on the confidence meter, then I don't bother with it.

In terms of keeping the ball along the ground without the triggers, I don't seem to have too many issues. Mostly anything off my hips or flicked to fine leg I can't seem to get down but I get a lot of power on those shots so it's a trade-off.

As do I, but if you want to near-guarantee an along-the-ground shot, especially in career mode then I use the triggers, especially if i'm new at the crease. Once I have a bit more on the confidence meter, then I don't bother with it.
I don't think it's right to solve your confidence issues by pulling the trigger.

Use the ground-powershot triggers (L2/R2 at the same time)
ya but that looks more like aggressive srtoke from a dhoni or gayle also the chance of missing when using it seems higher than normal straight drive for me.

if the normal straight drive can bound off the pitch, before it reaches the bowler
it would feel great.Not all the the time but atleast when i time it well it would be great.

Other shots i dont have any issues they all look and feel fantastic.

matt are you able to get the ball bounce of the pitch with normal straight drive?.

I don't think it's right to solve your confidence issues by pulling the trigger.

...as long as my timing is perfect, I see no issue.

ya but that looks more like aggressive srtoke from a dhoni or gayle also the chance of missing when using it seems higher than normal straight drive for me.

if the normal straight drive can bound off the pitch, before it reaches the bowler
it would feel great.Not all the the time but atleast when i time it well it would be great.

Other shots i dont have any issues they all look and feel fantastic.

matt are you able to get the ball bounce of the pitch with normal straight drive?.

It's down to the timing, and the delivery. I've had a (few) straight drives go past the bowler, and many more that they stop but have bounced before it gets to them.

Could someone please help me in explaining how to view the confidence meter while batting on PS3 in career mode.

I have tried pressing the right key pad on the controller nothing is happening before the bowler bowls?

Thanks

Could someone please help me in explaining how to view the confidence meter while batting on PS3 in career mode.

I have tried pressing the right key pad on the controller nothing is happening before the bowler bowls?

Thanks

The right key on the pad before the bowler bowls shows the confidence of both the batsman and the bowler. Are you sure the keys are working on your pad?

----------

Batting is getting easier the more I play. I usually cut out all the shots on off side, especially the drive, till I'm set and plays mostly on the on side from fine leg to wide long on on front foot without any trigger buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread