Batting mentality

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well this is depressing. I'm fed up of "testing" this game in the hope of it throwing up something realistic. I really had high hopes for this one based on the community support from Big Ant. I'll go back to lurking in the hope that maybe someone reads this and does something about it, but the problems with this game seem to be too deeply set to simply be "patched". For now I am done trying to like this game. Please if anyone from BA reads this, just make the academy attributes matter a little more!

Stokes - Brute mentality, Highly skilled aggressive strokes, overall rating of 80.
Cook - Conservative mentality, Very low skilled aggressive strokes, overall rating of 80.
Verdict - Bowling against them, no modifiers, PRO mode, they are both exactly the same batsman. (yes only 15 overs, but I have been doing this all afternoon).

15621879_10207452468862500_8078164152676316407_n.jpg

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Well this is depressing. I'm fed up of "testing" this game in the hope of it throwing up something realistic. I really had high hopes for this one based on the community support from Big Ant. I'll go back to lurking in the hope that maybe someone reads this and does something about it, but the problems with this game seem to be too deeply set to simply be "patched". For now I am done trying to like this game. Please if anyone from BA reads this, just make the academy attributes matter a little more!

Stokes - Brute mentality, Highly skilled aggressive strokes, overall rating of 80.
Cook - Conservative mentality, Very low skilled aggressive strokes, overall rating of 80.
Verdict - Bowling against them, no modifiers, PRO mode, they are both exactly the same batsman. (yes only 15 overs, but I have been doing this all afternoon).

15621879_10207452468862500_8078164152676316407_n.jpg

Don't suppose you wanna upload ten overs of gameplay so I can have a look at how you bowl?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Don't suppose you wanna upload ten overs of gameplay so I can have a look at how you bowl?

I've got to do some work now. You are welcome to disprove my theory though! But 15 overs on a length just outside off with Anderson and Broad. Good release and Good timing on the jump. I don't know what more I can do really.

D

Dutch

Sad to hear LV......things seem to be grinding to a halt. Where to from here? Anyone got something hopeful?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I've got to do some work now. You are welcome to disprove my theory though! But 15 overs on a length just outside off with Anderson and Broad. Good release and Good timing on the jump. I don't know what more I can do really.

Nah I'm not doubting you at all. Mine hasn't been that bad. I'll be posting a few things tomorrow.

I refuse to believe they just left it again.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Langeveldt When testing it makes more sense to sim it as you can influence the outcome but yea mentalities mean nothing again. Also the stream that I think you're talking about was Aus batting with Warner and Burns and they have such a difference in ratings that might be why they played different...

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@Langeveldt When testing it makes more sense to sim it as you can influence the outcome but yea mentalities mean nothing again. Also the stream that I think you're talking about was Aus batting with Warner and Burns and they have such a difference in ratings that might be why they played different...

When your struggling to state what the improvements are, things get a little concerning. What was the focus for this title?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When your struggling to state what the improvements are, things get a little concerning. What was the focus for this title?

I mean career mode, gameplay modifiers, stadiums, logos and women are the 'improvements' (in quotation marks because I don't agree with women being an improvement) but it seems the problem was they screwed a lot of stuff up and couldn't fix basic problems from the last iteration...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Sad to hear LV......things seem to be grinding to a halt. Where to from here? Anyone got something hopeful?

I know, I was so keen to get the fantasy league going and do some Twitch streaming.

If BA have such a great reputation for supporting the community and producing outstanding cricket games, I hope someone may read this and tinker around with some code. Surely there are some probabilities for playing certain shots linked with their mentality?

Maybe there is a lot of stuff in the academy that is literally for show and does nothing at all? I just wish I knew the answers. People are plugging hundreds of hours into making their teams here and I'm not convinced it actually does anything. It has taken someone as sad as me to do all the testing, and I would love someone to tell me I am wrong here. Does difficulty level make players bat to their strengths or not? Do they even have any strengths at all?

I also experimented with turning catching ability down to 0, as well as all the fielding abilities to 0. And guess what, they caught everything except one chance in 50 overs.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Yup... once Big Ant patch the batting side of things by adding 360 degrees control and fix the crashes this will be an amazing game. Mark my words, if Big Ant focus only on these two items (Batting & Crashes) and do nothing else, people would be more than satisfied. If they have more time conservative/lazy/lax fielding can be the next item to tackle.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I know, I was so keen to get the fantasy league going and do some Twitch streaming.

If BA have such a great reputation for supporting the community and producing outstanding cricket games, I hope someone may read this and tinker around with some code. Surely there are some probabilities for playing certain shots linked with their mentality?

Maybe there is a lot of stuff in the academy that is literally for show and does nothing at all? I just wish I knew the answers. People are plugging hundreds of hours into making their teams here and I'm not convinced it actually does anything. It has taken someone as sad as me to do all the testing, and I would love someone to tell me I am wrong here. Does difficulty level make players bat to their strengths or not? Do they even have any strengths at all?

I also experimented with turning catching ability down to 0, as well as all the fielding abilities to 0. And guess what, they caught everything except one chance in 50 overs.

I've had a different experience in terms of AI catching & fielding. AI drops lots of catches and most of them are sitters you would expect them to catch no matter what.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Someone get Franco on the blower!!

Well yes, if a guy off a forum from Italy can make significant changes to how the innards of the game works, I'd have thought a Melbourne game developer could. But it's about having the will to do that though. Games in general are heading in the arcade direction, and maybe the mandate was "flashy stumps and big bash", but at first glance I thought this would be a deeper simulation.

R

Royce

Yup... once Big Ant patch the batting side of things by adding 360 degrees control and fix the crashes this will be an amazing game. Mark my words, if Big Ant focus only on these two items (Batting & Crashes) and do nothing else, people would be more than satisfied. If they have more time conservative/lazy/lax fielding can be the next item to tackle.

Not even close brah! What about the fielding? The academy experience? The lag? This game is broken in too many places for my liking!!!

Users who are viewing this thread