Attributes and Mentalities

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It should but you would have to restart an ashes series for the changes to take effect, I will be changing them soon, an aggressive Cook is annoying :)

Thing is, I changed cook to defensive, but in first over of first test he smashed a ball just short out side of off stump almost for six over extra cover. Was like the mentality was ignored..?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Not sure what you mean?
These ratings might differ to others, I can't remember if I changed any of them.

Kohli's batting ratings are 78,78,96,78,87,87,87,96,96,87 = 870 his batting rating is 87
Smith's 97,94,90,95,91,94,95,95,98,93 = 942 his batting rating is 78

Steyn's bowling ratings are 70,86,92,90,87,84,80,86 = 675 his bowling rating is 82
Anderson 82,95,90,95,95,87,85,85, = 714 rating of 71

And if you create a new player they are rated in the same way to the England/Australia players.

Last edited:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What about technical ability? Isn't that taking into consideration?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
What about technical ability? Isn't that taking into consideration?
Nope. Take them down to zero and the rating stays the same. Only the Overall rating changes.

I don't know if it's intentional or not. If it is, it going to effect career mode or bowling selections in, for example, the IPL? If there are non-licensed players with higher overall ratings will they get picked ahead of the licensed ones?

knockedin

Club Captain
Does anyone know why the Ashes player have lower ratings - e.g the non-licensed players rating divides their total skill points by 10. Does it make a difference?

@Llewelynf - do you know?
I found this as well, however in game I don't think the summary rating has any effect, only individual skill ratings.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Just wanted to say I have been working on something based on the initial ideas me and @cd779 were throwing around. Had to adjust it once I realised that the BAT/BWL/FLD ratings for non England and Australia players are calculated differently. Perhaps once the names and squads are updated fully we could give it a test. I was thinking of perhaps creating a couple of World XI squads, maybe Test and Associate to look at the differences. I know @francobaldo1 had mentioned the lower rated Netherlands and Scotland teams were producing good matches.

anandponnath

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, in career mode, after the first game, the attributes for most players under 25 are bumped up considerably. Like all the way from 50 to 70. Weird, shouldn't it be a more slow and continuous improvement over many years.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@wasteyouryouth Reading through this sounds very interesting. Having played only 3 ashes tests so far. Many little things bug me. Seems mentality's still don't work properly. Lyon bowls way too many wronguns/dooseras in a over during test match. Stuff like that gets on my nerves. Also cook batting like he's not cook aswell lol. How are you finding it at the mo? Have you set up 2 sides with reduced stats and better suitable mentalities on the academy? I'd love to try it out aswell. I've not downloaded any teams or anything from academy on ashes yet. Just been playing ashes test matches. I've always felt that players are 'overpowered' when you play internationals no real weakness's to exploit.

Sorry for the ramble :p

knockedin

Club Captain
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, in career mode, after the first game, the attributes for most players under 25 are bumped up considerably. Like all the way from 50 to 70. Weird, shouldn't it be a more slow and continuous improvement over many years.
Yeah noticed this, it's really annoying

Users who are viewing this thread