Mentality settings request

steve121157

Banned
Can someone please give me the original mentality settings (Precise, Opportunist etc) for the England & Australia Ashes players listed below.
I've been experimenting with some of the skills / mentality /attribute settings suggested elsewhere, but now want to revert to the original mentality settings for these players.
Thanks.

England
Lyth
Cook
Bell
Root
Ballance
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Wood
Broad
Anderson
Finn
Moeen Ali
Rashid

Australia
Warner
Rogers
Smith
Clarke
Voges
M.Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon
Watson
Siddle
S.Marsh

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
there's not really any such thing as original mentality settings - because you might have had each player made by multiple creators: e.g. one creator might have made Cook conservative, another might have made him precise... so there isn't really an original.

if you mean what the on-disc generic player each of these were set to, then I don't think there's any way for you to find out except by resetting the academy to the on-disc and checking each one.

steve121157

Banned
there's not really any such thing as original mentality settings - because you might have had each player made by multiple creators: e.g. one creator might have made Cook conservative, another might have made him precise... so there isn't really an original.

if you mean what the on-disc generic player each of these were set to, then I don't think there's any way for you to find out except by resetting the academy to the on-disc and checking each one.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I thought that might be the case.
As you rightly say, I will have downloaded versions that have had the mentality changed.
I've updated all the Test and one day international stats for England and Australia, so would I lose them as well as individually allocated bats, sponsors etc if I reset the academy?
I'll leave it well alone.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for the quick reply.
I thought that might be the case.
As you rightly say, I will have downloaded versions that have had the mentality changed.
I've updated all the Test and one day international stats for England and Australia, so would I lose them as well as individually allocated bats, sponsors etc if I reset the academy?
I'll leave it well alone.

copy/back up the PMD00... file in your DBC folder, then delete it. go into the game again and it will be reset, you can check the details for each player in the academy and note them down. then delete the new PMD file the game will have created and restore your previous one -you can then make the switches.

steve121157

Banned
copy/back up the PMD00... file in your DBC folder, then delete it. go into the game again and it will be reset, you can check the details for each player in the academy and note them down. then delete the new PMD file the game will have created and restore your previous one -you can then make the switches.

Thanks blockerdave

Worked a treat, a bit time consuming of course but came up with these original 'on disc linked' traits.
Do you disagree with a few of them? Perhaps Stokes and Root for example.

England
Lyth Radical
Cook Precise
Bell Precise
Root Brute
Ballance Brute
Bairstow Aggressive
Stokes Precise
Buttler Aggressive
Wood Radical
Broad Opportunist
Anderson Brute
Finn Aggressive
Moeen Ali Precise
Rashid Opportunist

Australia
Warner Aggressive
Rogers Conservative
Smith Aggressive
Clarke Precise
Voges Radical
M.Marsh Aggressive
Haddin Opportunist
Johnson Brute
Starc Precise
Hazlewood Brute
Lyon Opportunist
Watson Aggressive
Siddle Brute
S.Marsh Brute

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol if you have cook as anything but conservative

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think those settings make all that much difference anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread