Tutorial Batting Tips

Have you tried visiting the Legends Coaching and in the Advanced Training Section, there is a hint called "Playing the Spinners" or something.

What helped with me is just leaving the ball outside offstump. Eventually Nathan Hauritz got annoyed and bowled short or a full toss and I put him away easily. :D

Yea done that challenge in legends mode, Now i cant do the last one - where you have to get a average run rate of 8 an over against spin(India) in 6 overs without and dismissals, very hard:(.

I love coming down the wicket wen they bowl full it really makes them lose confidence.

same thing happened to me today if you seen my post... I think we just need more practice or something I hope we dont seriosuly have to bowl in the same place everytime to tighten it up that would be boring

Even dream balls get smashed constantly in this game, its normal apparently. :D

Thanks guys for the advise. you really have to take your time with spinners. Now i am holding my wickets and making score as well. this game is too good. I am loving it now. :banana2

Having problems playing a yorker length or full toss ball, i aim down the ground and press the ground stroke button but batsmen goes for a pull/cut shot and misses the ball which crashes into the stumps everytime. Anyone else come across this? Any tips on playing these type of balls?

Having problems playing a yorker length or full toss ball, i aim down the ground and press the ground stroke button but batsmen goes for a pull/cut shot and misses the ball which crashes into the stumps everytime. Anyone else come across this? Any tips on playing these type of balls?

you might have played a delivery which is away(legside/offside) from the Straight line .
You can play the straight drive only when the ball is in middle line! otherise it would highligh WRONG FOOTWORK in timing meter!

Been playing on hard mode odi's and 20/20 I seem only to get out by getting caught, so annoying. Im trying to get use to it and not keep getting caught.

My Problem is this....

I started the Ashes Series as England. After day one, I was in my second innings with a lead of 150. I never seem to be able to keep a realistic slow run-rate and then bowl defencively. The Day 1 scores were:

1st Innings: ENG 318 all out (A.Strauss 102, A.Flintoff 69)(M.Hussey 3/25, M.Johnson 3/115)

1st Innings: AUS 171 all out (B.Haddin 55, R.Sidebottom 4/61, G.Swann 3/9)

2nd Innings: ENG 3/0

I need to learn how to last 90 overs with only 7 wickets down or something :sarcasm

Help with spin, please!

How do you bat against spin bowlers??

I was playing a test in the Windes on normal going well, 75-0, then they brought a spinner on I crashed to 83-5!

What am I doing wrong, I've tried timing it better, no luck, even when blocking I just seem to edge it to the wicket keeper, rrrggghhhh!

Any tips would be great!

Sometimes I charge down the track against the spinners. Its risky but if you get a few nice hits then that decreases the bowlers confidence and then you can knock the ball around for singles, etc.

tell me about it - i hate playing the spinners - you cant even feel safe blocking them (i dont thinks its that realistic for a defence against a spinner to go to the keeper so often)

I block until I am comfortable with the timing. It is only a split second slower but it makes a lot of difference.

Also , dont be scared to slow down your run rate until the right delivery comes along. Every now again they toss up a nice wide ball to be clattered away.

Playing on the back foot is better as well as you edge less.

But overall my main strategy is to block until I get used to the timing.

I have almost given up with the bowling in this game now. To the point where I can only keep my economy at a half decent rate by simulating around 40% of my overs. It is simply ridiculous!

Such a shame as this game could have been pretty good but I feel it is only half a game.

Does anyone know if a patch is coming to fix this and for what platforms?

I read another thread saying a patch was imminent but it didn't give many details.

How do you bat against spin bowlers??

I was playing a test in the Windes on normal going well, 75-0, then they brought a spinner on I crashed to 83-5!

What am I doing wrong, I've tried timing it better, no luck, even when blocking I just seem to edge it to the wicket keeper, rrrggghhhh!

Any tips would be great!

I always come down the track and either drive, defend or smash it into a gap :)

Users who are viewing this thread