• West Indies

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey. Which team do you guys think has the best batting lineup? I believe its India with Australia right behind them.
[bowling is a given...definitely Australia]

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
i would have to say austrialia if u campare them to india u will see that the AUSSIES batting ends at number 11 even magrath can last 66 balls
while india last 4 cant

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
kelvinismyname said:
i would have to say austrialia if u campare them to india u will see that the AUSSIES batting ends at number 11 even magrath can last 66 balls
while india last 4 cant

If I can correct you mate the record for highest score by a no.11 in Tests belong to ZAHEER KHAN and I believe he is an Indian.

Also looking at it most Aussies dont play spin that too well (read:RICKY PONTING,ADAM GILCHRIST,JUSTIN LANGER)

Something like this doesnt apply to Indians as they seem to play well against any bowling line up.

willv88

Club Cricketer
Kelvins My Name U Obviously Know Nothing About The Game. Keep Quiet Unless U Actually Know Wat U R Talking About

trinidevil69

Club Cricketer
im surprised england hasnt been mentioned....

i would have to say england or australlia

and finally australlia because of the depth they have...

brad352

Executive member
ronny_kingsley said:
If I can correct you mate the record for highest score by a no.11 in Tests belong to ZAHEER KHAN and I believe he is an Indian.

Also looking at it most Aussies dont play spin that too well (read:RICKY PONTING,ADAM GILCHRIST,JUSTIN LANGER)

Something like this doesnt apply to Indians as they seem to play well against any bowling line up.
Play well against any bowling lineup- but heaven forbid you ask them to play on a pitch with a bit of bounce in it
rolleyes.gif

And none of the players you mentioned are bad players of spin....

Anyway, Australia by quite a distance

Last edited:

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
Australia because a) they play well on any pitch and b) they have something no other country has. Adam Gilchrist.

MWaugh

International Coach
i think this will turn into an australia vs india thread quite quickly. we allready have had so many of them going around

brad352

Executive member
MWaugh said:
i think this will turn into an australia vs india thread quite quickly. we allready have had so many of them going around
Yes. Inferiority complex.

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
willv88 said:
Kelvins My Name U Obviously Know Nothing About The Game. Keep Quiet Unless U Actually Know Wat U R Talking About

WELL i guess i will have to talk then

comparing Aussies batting vs India we get

1: Sehwag stats( ave-55.98 ) vs JL Langer( ave46.20 ) Langer is more experienced
2: Gambhir (ave-40.50) vs ML Hayden ( ave- 52.90) better average and more experience

3: Dravid (ave-57.86) vs RT Ponting (ave-56.00) Considred equals

4: Sachin (ave-57.25) vs DR Martyn(ave-50.81) Sachin is better :hpraise but currently out of form

5: Sourav G (40.90) vs MJ Clarke(ave-42.83) ok sourav is better

6: vvs Laxman (ave- 43.05) SM Katich vs (ave-44.15) equals

7: KKD Karthik (ave-22.09) vs AC Gilchrist (54.73) of Gilchrishts Better

8: A Kumble (ave-17.13 ) vs SK Warne(ave 16.33) warne has scored 10 half centuries while kumble has only 3

9: Harbhajan Singh(ave-13.79) vs B Lee(ave- 18.87)
bret lee has a better average and has more half centuries

10:Z Khan (ave-11.91) vs JN Gillespie (ave-15.90) has only1 half century while gillespe has 2 and he also has more experience

11:Ashish Nehra (ave- 5.50) vs GD McGrath (ave-7.51) magrath has a half century

Comparing the batting averages i think austriala has a better batting line up
given that Gilchrist one of the worlds best is batting a number seven..........its juz my opinion no need to :boxing :boxing at me

i

nikhil_99

International Coach
with respect to one dayers or test ???

Both ways its India.....just becase they are out of from it doent take it away....

Everyone knew in World Cup 2003..they said Indias line up is strongest line up...

India has players with better avg and class.....ust becase ganguly is out of form ..or India is not winning dosent mean that...

Remember that :::

Class is permanent not the form.......

squiz

International Coach
The only place where India is better is that No.4 position where it's between Tendulkar and Martyn. Everywhere else it's either Australia's better or it's equal.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
India's top 6 is there stength but after that not much at all. Aus is more all round these days, an awesome top 6 Gilly at 7 and the bowlers have improved their batting heaps.

Ryand

Club Cricketer
I'd say australia because they have a great top seven and then there is hussey and hodge on the bench

Users who are viewing this thread