Votes: 4 3.4%
  • ramiz raja

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • ravi shastri

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • other

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
How about the Channel 4 commentators, ppl in the UK will kno wat am on about. Mark Nicholas and Dermot Reeve are great and then Simon Hughes the analyist is great too. Somet like that wud be great to impliment into a future game

Auwais BARTHEZ said:
You know, it would be cool if the commentators swopped around at regular intervals in cricket 2006. This way, you would have more commentators and many different comments.

Yes!

They should do it like sky and channel 4 in the uk. These our the comentators i'd like.

1. Ritchie Benaud
2. David Lloyd (bumble)
3. David Gower
4. Beefy
5. Michael Holding
6. Michael Atherton (u cant beat the calm voice of Athers lol)
7. Tony Grieg
8. Paul Allot

:hpraise :hpraise

I would have had David Hookes as commentator. He was excellent. Such a shame...

Best Commentators

I think the best cricket commentators in terms of ability to generate excitement are Bill Lawry and Tony Greig. Period. They should be part of the next cricket game.

Andy

My favorites

Tony Cozier was my favorite along with Geff Boycott (i love when he says my mama could have played better than that or when he once said about Afridi: "If this kid's 17 then I am 30"). I love listening to Tony Greig when the match is tight. He really puts extra life in match by his excited speech.

Bill Lawry is good but only when Australia is not playing. he tends to be too biased when Aussies are one of the teams when he is commentating. Manjrekar and Aamir Sohail are the worst of the lot. Ranjit fernando can be annoying at times when he pronounces wicket as wickut and uses the word "particularly" in almost all his sentences.

And in a lighter vein I also used to love Henry Blofeld. Who can forget his earrings craze.

Last edited:
Commentators: catch phrases

Ravi Shastri: "Australia... are in driver's seat at the moment"

Navjot Sidhu: "Wickets are like wives - you never know which way they will turn!!!"

Tony Greig (very excited): "Hits the pad.... thats close... is he out?... is he out?... He's given him... He's given him... He's gone"

Ranjit Fernando: "The wickut will turn particularly in second innings"

Aamir Sohail: "no foot moment <long zzzzz... :eek: pause> and he is gone <long zzzzz..... yawn pause> oh! exciting stuff!!"

Manjrekar: "blah blah blah yawn...zzzz.... :eek: blah blah"

Richie Benaud: "Mcgraaaa.... to tendulkar"

Richie Benaud: "Aww... Super Shot"

Jim Maxwell: "He put the ball in his favorite arrear"

Jim Maxwell: "The bowler will have to be careful... not to put the ball in same arrear again"

Robin Jackman(sounding as if there is lot of phlegm stuck in his throat): "How can a man... 5 foot 5 or whatever he his... hit the ball like that?"

Last edited:
i would go for ramaz raja i like tony graig too... but i dont like sanjay manjerakar this guy is annoying with his stupid comments.......... in samsung cup when youhana hit a four he said it was like lightning what the hell is that suppose to mean..... it was like lightning lol

you forgot ramaz raja....... it is in the air will it be takin oh dropped............ i love it when he says that oh dropped

the best commentator in the world is Tony Greig...he puts excitement into a dull situation. He is by far the best and throw into the mix geoff boycott and u have a fantastic pair. entertainment all round friends.

I like the Nine commentary team. Maybe its cuz i watch all their games through the channel but the are pretty good and they have a good mix like Tony Greig and SA/English guy and then you have ex players like Mark Taylor and Healy. Would be good if they got more than 2 commentators

yer i agree with aussie1st the nine commentary team r really good. It would b good if it could change 4 wherever u r playin e.g. a game in aus: nine commentary team. a game in UK wolud hav the sky sports team etc etc

i think in cricket 2006 they should have navjot commentingman dam he is so funny when he does commenting

Users who are viewing this thread