Best No.3 Test Batsman(Dravid or Amla or Ponting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well....um....it....still! How many balls did he face there aye? (waits for this to come back to bit in the ass) A number three is supposed to dominate a game, not hold up an end.

stereotype

Club Cricketer
Rahul Dravid got man of the series back then but that was a pretty sub standard Aussie attack, no McGrath, no Warne and Brad Williams was playing, Nathan Bracken who hasn't even been considered for test selection for a long long time.

Not to say that he isn't a batsman of a very high standard, at his best he seems impossible to get out.

I still think Ponting has more ability to win his side matches on more occasions.

Harishan

Club Cricketer
This guy makes the dumbest threads. Alan Davidson, imo. But only if there are powerplays in test cricket :facepalm

Have you been able to workout who this Alan fellow is, Gazz? :p

On topic with Hashim Amla he is a decent batsmen and has been a key part of SA's batting lineup in the last few years but I highly doubt he'll become a 'great'. He is a good solid batsman and all but I think it's safe to say he won't challenge the likes of Ponting, Dravid etc.

sribabu

Club Captain
Why made the comparison between amla and dravid is that ,both player's strokes are almost similar in one another way definetly iam sure about it

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I still think Ponting has more ability to win his side matches on more occasions.
Exactly. Dravid is more of a 'bat in partnerships' fellow, while Ponting could win a game within two sessions.

Hmm, Alan :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Definitely Ponting, hes the ideal number 3 that everyteam would like. A man that can stablise the ship if an early wicket falls or play that aggressive role when coming in at 1/200. Hes done this in both forms of the game and maintained a brilliant average in both.

sribabu

Club Captain
Why i made comparison between 3 players because three of them recently hit double tons to their credits.
Dravid vs srilanka
amla vs india
ponting vs pakistan

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
That's a stupid reason to make a thread. If Murali, Kallis and Napoleon Einstein took five fors at the same time, would you have made a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread