Paul Newman, who?
Hassan Tahir, who?
Scott Muller, who?

what does best player mean?
I'll go with ronaldo then.
or maybe Schumaker
or maybe Federer

for cricket easy picking Tendulkar,

nearly 14000 runs 45 avg, 130+ wickets 54 avg, 5 eco. 10000+ runs in tests but few test wickets, but a good fielder anyway.

best is not the best in every dept. of the game but most valuable 1 and good in most places, and that is sachin

Lara does not picks 100+ wickets, has lower avg. than sachin everywhere, and is not that good in ODIs,
Ganguly not good in tests
Murali and Mcgrath can't bat
dravid 40- avg in ODIs, can't bowl

you can't make categories that is cheat.

Last edited:
Wot do ppl think about Curtly Ambrose and Allan Donald...Two very underrated fast bowlers who are two of the greatest of all time!

Or what about Shaun Pollock does he stake a claim to be amongst the finest of all time?

woodzy said:
Wot do ppl think about Curtly Ambrose and Allan Donald...Two very underrated fast bowlers who are two of the greatest of all time!

Or what about Shaun Pollock does he stake a claim to be amongst the finest of all time?
i used to love allan donald.. just for the way he played the game, all the agression, just a great charachter for the game. Dont have enough of them these days. That south african team was fantastic, they were as good as australia at the time. Players like gibbs, jonty rodhes, kallis, klusner etc. I think the world cup semis(i think) was the turning point. After that loss, australia just moved to a new level, whereas SA just got worse and worse.

But probabily not amongst the best ever(donaldo). Still very good.

I believe Inzamam is a fine player. I love watching him..except when hes running between the wickets! For me the most underrated batsman would have to be Martin Crowe

Inzy is good bats man ....Viru is good batsman...but Sachins the best

I think Rahul Dravid will eventually overtake Tendulkar. Dravid is a legend and a fine player!

dravid is elder to sachin, but fitter anyway

not in ODIs, in tests maybe but it takes time to cross 2000 runs barrier he will have to play 2 years after sachin retirement

but can he pick wickets?

I think Dravid can pick wickets. Tell me who will be the next big thing in Indian cricket?

Sehwag is the big thing. I know so many people that try and mimick his style of play. Very few succeed. I personally believe the next big thing for world cricket will be the young south african opener AB De Villiers. From what i've seen he is quite a talent

Users who are viewing this thread