Best Spinner for India

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
As all know Asian countries are known to have produced world class spinners. So, whom do you think is the best spinner for India ever in terms of wicket taking skill? Is it Chandrasekhar, Bishan Singh Bedi, Anil Kumble or any other spinner? Personally, I think Chandrasekhar and Kumble were brilliant.Your comments please...

sunnysun

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i want yuvraj singh to all be the one's of the greatest spinners player in India...

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
i want yuvraj singh to all be the one's of the greatest spinners player in India...

That's great, but that doesn't answer his question.

I'd say Kumble or Chandra but from what I've heard Prasanna wasn't far off either and there are a fair few people that say he's India's best ever.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
For India's best ever spinners I'd go:
Kumble
the Bhag (Chandrasekhar)
Bedi
Harbhajan
Subhash Gupte (leggie who played in the 50s)
Prasanna

If you are wanting purely 'wicket taking skill' as you put it, I'd move Harbhajan up above Bedi, and move the Bhag up to about equal with Kumble.

Fenil

If you are wanting purely 'wicket taking skill' as you put it, I'd move Harbhajan up above Bedi, and move the Bhag up to about equal with Kumble.

I too think Chandrasekhar and Kumble are the best of the lot.

puneet28

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kumble is surely best of some past years....

You Can't judge all time best unless you have watched them playing.. I am sure most of guys here including me haven't watched Bedi, Parsanna, Chandershekhar etc... like we did Kumble etc..

P.S. : If you ask some very talented players who just couldn't justified their talent at international level, I must say Laxman Shivramakrishnan and Maninder Singh ( As I read in Cricket Samrat years ago)

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Kumble for me. and H Singh got is 400th. Congrats to him. Who here thinks his a great spinner, or not?

Fenil

Kumble for me. and H Singh got is 400th. Congrats to him. Who here thinks his a great spinner, or not?

He's a good spinner and the best of the lot today but certainly not a great player. India has had many better spinners in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread