Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

Still i thought run out bug was not an issue anymore it better be sorted before final patch release i thought we were long past this.

It's a different version of it. :facepalm Now, I'm no programmer, but how hard can it be to make sure that the AI doesn't run unless the ball is past the inner ring, unless there are huge gaps there?

MasterBlaster76 added 17 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

It's happened about three or four times in one innings now. :doh Two resulted in wickets, one was a close shave and the other missed the stumps and went for overthrows. It's a new version of the AI runout bug and it seems to have somehow been introduced between beta 1 and beta 2 - never saw it in beta 1 and batsmen who had just come in didn't loft shots as often either. Beta 2 needs some of beta 1 mixed in, TG. Please don't undo your good work now. :)

Hopefully this issue gets sorted out, as surely the patch release is only days away.

OK, it's happening way too often now. The main problem is when the ball is driven down the ground and hits the non striker. They run, and it's an easy run out. The other version is when the ball is fielded in the inner ring, but they've run anyway. TG said only critical fixes will be applied in the final patch. Well guess what, boys? This is a critical bug. Lucky I'm still saving every over.

Note: this is in tests, don't know what it does in ODI/20 Twenty.

Sounds dissapointing i thought this issue was dead and buried seems we are going back and fourth now.

Speaking of the green zone, something needs to be done about the colour in overcast matches: every chance in the deep, that I'd take in my sleep with clear sky, I've dropped with overcast sky: the green just blends in too much with the grey.
I also noticed this, but I kinda liked it, because it's similar to what can happen in real outfield catches. Those ones feel really good to get right.

Does anyone else find the AI doesn't bowl very straight? I'm not sure how it chooses a line of attack, but the one that seems most popular is quite wide of off stump and very easy to leave. You are lucky to see a length ball on the off stump, one you absolutely have to defend. I think if the bowlers were more keen on bowling at the stumps, you'd get a few more legitimate lbw shouts from the AI, but also a bit more to work off the pads.

Though by rights, the pacemen do bowl lines that you'd expect from pacemen. The spinners seem to be the ones that really need to sort themselves out. I haven't seen one get fearless yet, but when coming around the wicket, the off spinner doesn't seem inclined to put the ball on the stumps; over the wicket of course, he doesn't have to and the line is pretty good. In contrast to a commonly held opinion, the offie seems much more difficult for a right hander than a left hander. The offie also seems really keen on bowling yorker length, which may be a throwback to the 1.0 bowling system.

Something I picked up by "playing in character" with Simon Katich is that when you shuffle across, the keeper tries to stump you on the leave. Like Hawkeye appearing for a shout where the ball is never going anywhere near the stumps, it is a little annoying, but does it impact on the player's confidence? I haven't seen a level drop as a result of such leaves, but I'd hope it doesn't happen.

Fix spinners

I'd like to see the spinners have more flight, drift, drop and corresponding bounce. I still think the spinners are broken and way too easy to score from.

Also, runouts. Still happen. I noticed in a ODI the AI had 3 runouts. I told myself it was because they were behind the runrate and were 'pushing' the extra single.

Last edited:
CR will have to tide me over until then. Us Ps3 users got a real raw deal from Codies/Tranmission, no demo and a very delayed patch with no beta.

Hopefully the final patch will make up for all the incompetence that has been displayed so far.

I know the patch aint gonna be released for sometime yet, but if there is any changes from the beta which will be included in the final patch and the adjustments as people have left feedback about some small issues still, it would be nice if we could know these changes?

CR will have to tide me over until then. Us Ps3 users got a real raw deal from Codies/Tranmission, no demo and a very delayed patch with no beta.

Hopefully the final patch will make up for all the incompetence that has been displayed so far.

All I'll say to this is how many beta patches have you ever used on PS3?

There is one for Uncharted that is being beta tested by the general public. I am sure there have been others as well.

I'd imagine there aren't very many though (although I'm not a PS3 expert).
I also think you can blame Bill Gates for there not being a demo ;)

I also noticed this, but I kinda liked it, because it's similar to what can happen in real outfield catches. Those ones feel really good to get right.

Trouble is, I have dropped every outfield catch with overcast matches. With clearer skies, I have caught most (but not all).

Users who are viewing this thread