Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

errors in beta and need improvement

1.main error is that cpu hits most straight shots ,if we keep player its gets caught easily.

2.in a 50 over match its gets all out by nearly in 25ovrs only. need to improvement in taking longer innings , have more singles if batsman is new to crease to settle down.

3.hits most ball in air when spinners are bowl when i bowl spinners will get almost eight wkts out of 10.allout nearly around a score of 150 to 175 that much only in a 50 over game.

4. need to improve field settings more realistic in oneday and test both.

5.required new tournaments like ICC ,World Series as we had in 2007.

Batsmen stamina

Why is the batsman's stamina always resting?? I played with Ian Bell, scored a 100, still the stamina is resting. Is this happening only with me?

chandler added 7 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

1.main error is that cpu hits most straight shots ,if we keep player its gets caught easily.

2.in a 50 over match its gets all out by nearly in 25ovrs only. need to improvement in taking longer innings , have more singles if batsman is new to crease to settle down.

3.hits most ball in air when spinners are bowl when i bowl spinners will get almost eight wkts out of 10.allout nearly around a score of 150 to 175 that much only in a 50 over game.

4. need to improve field settings more realistic in oneday and test both.

5.required new tournaments like ICC ,World Series as we had in 2007.

I agree with the first four points as there is a chance that the transmission guys do something in the final release. The final point looks like an expansion rather than critical bug fixing. Also, I still like to play EA 07, as I can apply patches and also that I can view many statistics and replays in 3d view anytime I want, unlike ashes 2009. There was a little unpredictiveness in EA which made the game more exciting. If you mix the best of both games, its a dream come true. I really hope the transmission guys are taking a note of our bug posts as we are so close and still so far.....

Batsman's stamina will go down a lot if you run lots of 2s and 3s, or even lots of quick singles, and it actually works well when it comes to the frantic final overs in LOIs.

1. When a batsman gets hit in the pads nowhere near the stumps the fielding team appeal
2. Sometime when batsman hit the ball the wicketkeeper appeals and raises there arms
3. At the end of the over left handed batsman practice right handed defencive shots
4. Too many no balls are being bowled by the AI bowlers
5. When you want to skip innings it fizes up and sometime when doing the toss
6. I have found that there isn't many wickets by bowled or lbw.
7. When i bowl a bouncer the batsman go on the backfoot and hit the ball in the air down the ground too much (in one innings i got 7 wickets from dismissals like that)

Something needs to be done about the catching ring, both its speed and its colour. On a clear day, you can easily see the green colour of the catching ring when the AI hits a steepler and they're (relatively) easy to catch, just like in real life, but on an overcast day, the green colour blends in with the clouds too much - I never drop steeplers on a clear day, just dropped my first on an overcast day.

Also, the speed. If the ball goes like a rocket to a fielder, you have a millisecond in which to press the button in the green zone (seems to be the case no matter who the fielder is). It needs to be slowed down a little, either that, or orange chances have more chance of sticking.

The last remaining thing that I don't like about the game is the way the AI keeps hitting the ball in the air and going for sixes (in test matches), especially when there would be less risk (and just as much chance of a four) if they kept it on the ground. As I said before, this doesn't just affect 'Mr Fearless' (he's even worse, of course).

MasterBlaster76 added 10 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

1. When a batsman gets hit in the pads nowhere near the stumps the fielding team appeal
2. Sometime when batsman hit the ball the wicketkeeper appeals and raises there arms
3. At the end of the over left handed batsman practice right handed defencive shots
4. Too many no balls are being bowled by the AI bowlers
5. When you want to skip innings it fizes up and sometime when doing the toss
6. I have found that there isn't many wickets by bowled or lbw.
7. When i bowl a bouncer the batsman go on the backfoot and hit the ball in the air down the ground too much (in one innings i got 7 wickets from dismissals like that)

1. Agreed, it's annoying but doesn't really affect the gameplay.
2. Ditto.
3. ?
4. Agreed - and it's also far too eay to bowl no balls with a spinner. I think spinners need a different sort of bowling meter.

5. Never skip innings myself, so can't comment.
6. That's not my experience.
7. Agreed. Bouncers still don't work properly: I am pretty damn sure that you cannot play any kind of drive to a bouncer - surely it's physically impossible! Bouncers, more often than not, represent an easy scoring opportunity, both for yourself and the AI.

Staying with that theme, there doesn't seem to be much benefit to a 'fearless' bowler (the benefits to fearless batsmen are obvious). Maybe a fearless/bold/confident paceman could build up an 'adrenaline' meter which, when full, enables him to bowl a fast bouncer, the sort of thing that has the batsman ducking! It can still be hit, but it's much harder to dispatch than an ordinary bouncer.

Edit: Obviously, the last bit would be a suggestion for the next game...

Last edited:
I've found that since the patches, if I press the button when it's orange I drop the ball. I am getting better at catches though, so perhaps its a little too soon to be saying that they are too hard. (But they probably are).

Also it should be a lot easier to catch one in the deep than it is. Its pretty much as hard to hit the green zone out on the boundary as it is to hit it on a close in catch, this definitely is not right.

I've found that since the patches, if I press the button when it's orange I drop the ball. I am getting better at catches though, so perhaps its a little too soon to be saying that they are too hard. (But they probably are).

Also it should be a lot easier to catch one in the deep than it is. Its pretty much as hard to hit the green zone out on the boundary as it is to hit it on a close in catch, this definitely is not right.

I haven't found that - taking catches in the deep seems just about right to me now, but close in catches are too fast. The problem is the catching ring can mislead you: the ball looks like it's about to enter the fielder's hands, so you press the button (when the ring is usually orange).

I still really like this system though and it shouldn't be changed too much for future installments.

Have anyone found this funny problem?
When ever an AI bowler starts giving bouncers it gives 3 consecutive bouncers and return to normal length. Even if you hit 6 in the first bowl or they get a wicket in the last bouncer.

Just wanted to bring up the question of is there any more news on when the 360 patch will be released as i havent been on this site in a while so not sure if the mid october date which was posted i think is still standing im not rushing anyone i want it to be perfect so if later wouud make it better then fine so just curious:)

I always take that well-known Kiwi icon "Vitarri" with me when playing but he still gets clobbered a bit but the spin-bolwer has become more effective online but you really have to mix him up and be prepared to go for a few.

Yeah its stupid as hell. Spinners like Murali, Bhajji, Vettori shouldn't be going for 5 boundaries every over online. I don't care who you are, you bring a spinner against any good veteran of the game online and he is getting clobbered. The worst and the most unrealistic thing about this game. Funny thing is I don't even see this in top of the complains list. People rather switch teams which have the most no. of medium fast/fast bowlers to win online.

Just to let the gentlemen knw that it is possible to edit teams online. Just press X instead of A on xbox controller. So you can play as india or srilanka and have a 5 man pace attack.

slaye added 9 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I forgot to post improvement. The power in that stupid fine leg lofted shot should either be reduced or the animation of shot should be replaced by a slog sweep. At the moment it looks silly. It is my premier shot against spinners when i play offline against my friends. The fun part is that they are not so good against spinners. Sachin is now close to 200 test wickets. lol.

P.S: only way to stop a veteran is bowl short off length flippers. These stay really low and are hard to get away. I had tested this against myself wid one of my pal bowling this length. Though i hadnt tested this online yet.

In Beta 2, I have begun to notice, all too frequently, a new version of the AI runout bug. It usually happens when the ball is driven down the ground and hits the batsman at the non striking end: the batsmen run anyway, and it often results in a runout (or sometimes, the bowler will just look at the ball as if it's an alien object, while the batsmen run.) It's not as bad as the old AI runout bug, but 9/10 AI runouts are down to it. On the other side of the same coin, it's a regular occurance for the AI to turn down easy singles, or even easy twos.

This, along with the AI's fondness of stupid lofted shots in tests (especially the lofted drive off a bouncer, which is just daft), should be priorities for the final patch. Also, the slip catches need to be made easier: most slip catches in cricket are taken, but in this game, you often only have a split second to press the button in the green zone. Speaking of the green zone, something needs to be done about the colour in overcast matches: every chance in the deep, that I'd take in my sleep with clear sky, I've dropped with overcast sky: the green just blends in too much with the grey.

Last edited:
Just for the record, I feel AI run out bug still remains in the game.

The batsmen wait for the fielder to pick up the ball in out field and then, as a challenge, run that 'quick' second and get out.

Just for the record, I feel AI run out bug still remains in the game.

The batsmen wait for the fielder to pick up the ball in out field and then, as a challenge, run that 'quick' second and get out.

I've seen them take the 'late' run, but they never get out because of it. Either way, the running is still in need of a little tweaking, but it's not anywhere near as regular as it was in the unpatched game: it's no longer necessary to save every over, but I'm in the habit of doing it now! :laugh

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Why is the batsman's stamina always resting?? I played with Ian Bell, scored a 100, still the stamina is resting. Is this happening only with me?

I've found their stamina only goes down if you hit them.

I've seen them take the 'late' run, but they never get out because of it. Either way, the running is still in need of a little tweaking, but it's not anywhere near as regular as it was in the unpatched game: it's no longer necessary to save every over, but I'm in the habit of doing it now! :laugh

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

I've found their stamina only goes down if you hit them.

Still i thought run out bug was not an issue anymore it better be sorted before final patch release i thought we were long past this.

Users who are viewing this thread