Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

Yeah I noticed the hooking and pulling problem. We've notified TG of this now (I think they knew about it anyway) and they say Legends will be fixed for the final patch.

please take no offense on what I am about to say... but who cares about the legends coaching, isnt there other things we should be worried about haah :P

Another thing is that we can play with people online who DONT have the patch.

I'd say it's a damn side more important than a lot of things, like anything which isn't already in the game. Tutorials help people learn a game. Broken tutorials discourage people from playing further. Completing the challenges is also how you unlock a number of stadiums. Of course "hardcore" fans are just going to cheat to get around that, but that doesn't mean you leave your newbies in the dark for their sake.

Plus, the simple fact of testing is that if everyone just looks at the same things, they end up reporting the same bugs.

The tutorials are a big part of this game.

IMO for the legends challenges it should be historical situations with the actual players in them..

I'm playing the game right now and I've noticed that when you do bowl an awful ball, the AI more often than not, hits it in the air (and that doesn't just apply to 'Mr Fearless', unfortunately). They should keep it on ground; not only is that more realistic, but they'll eliminate the chance of being caught in the outfield, unless they mistime it.

Also, I reckon the reason so many close in catches are going down is the catching rings can confuse - the ball looks like it's about to enter the catcher's hand, so you press the button (but the ring might still be on orange - which gets dropped far too often - surely orange catches must have a better chance of being taken?)

AI seem to often get front foot-backfoot defensive shots mixed up, playing forwards to backfoot ideal lengths and playing back to front foot ideal lengths, sometimes getting themselves out in the process.

And for some reason, they appeal when a catch is taken, or if the stump has been dislodged...

For practice, the game is crying out for a nets mode, but failing that, Legends Coaching must be given a choice of difficulty! What's the point of trying to practice there (where the difficulty appears to be set at normal), if most of us will actually be playing the game on hard?

Last edited:
Also, I reckon the reason so many close in catches are going down is the catching rings can confuse - the ball looks like it's about to enter the catcher's hand, so you press the button (but the ring might still be on orange - which gets dropped far too often - surely orange catches must have a better chance of being taken?)

Couldnt have said it better mate, and thats exactly what happens to me....i always press too early because the balls is in the guy's hands and its orange. And so far the orange ring is pretty much the same as red, its supposed to be a 50/50 chance but ive never once caught someone off an orange ring - not even guys like AB de Villiers or Gibbs take them. I would have suspected that the good fielder would prob have a better chance of holding onto orange ones but nope.

Orange is not supposed to be 50/50, it's supposed to depend on player ability, and probably also how near the green you were.

I've noticed that Ponting will take catches consistently in the orange, as will Flintoff, so I think the stats-based thing works. Also, it seems less likely to catch on orange in hard mode.

For me Ponting seems to drop almost every orange, but Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle seem to take them...

Very annoying

I think the AI should only go for lofted shots when they're bold, or above. When they're 'confident', they're prone to making mistakes, playing and missing and not making many runs and it's annoying to have a batsman tied down and then, out of nowhere, he hits a good delivery for six!

This is mainly for tests, the rule would have to be relaxed a bit for limited over cricket.

Edit: Prior has dropped nearly every orange he's had.

Still randomly getting securom error (1000) when the disc is the real one. This is why I hate copy protection.

Suggessions for Further Improvement

Already the game is pretty decent after the patch is used.
Still few thing I would like to be there in the next update if they have any

1. Fielders Should catch/hold the ball , they should not just stop it and then pick it up ( this usually happens when they are fielding at boundary and have to catch the ball one bounce), usually this results in an extra run. The fielding never looks proffessional

2. There should be an option for Automatic Fielding i.e. catching

3. Better Throws from the boundary specially when a fast bowler with a good arm is throwing the ball it should come a lot faster

4. bowling speeds should be more controllable ( we should be able to ball a lot slower / lot faster with the spinners and have more control on it) . I think the EA 07 patched up has good realistic speeds, edges to slips and keeper do feel better in that version.

5. Fast Bowlers still dont bowl fast enough to hurry a batsman.( i mean the real quick deliveries from flintoff, akhtar, johnson, lee etc.)

6. Autoplay option /simulate innings option for next 5 overs, 10 overs, 20 overs,next wkt fall etc.

May be asking for too much . :)

Still randomly getting securom error (1000) when the disc is the real one. This is why I hate copy protection.

I hear you. I get that from time to time with various games as well (original game discs of course).

Why am I not surprised? =P

Well, he didn't do too badly against you guys in the Ashes... :p

Already the game is pretty decent after the patch is used.
Still few thing I would like to be there in the next update if they have any

1. Fielders Should catch/hold the ball , they should not just stop it and then pick it up ( this usually happens when they are fielding at boundary and have to catch the ball one bounce), usually this results in an extra run. The fielding never looks proffessional

2. There should be an option for Automatic Fielding i.e. catching

3. Better Throws from the boundary specially when a fast bowler with a good arm is throwing the ball it should come a lot faster

4. bowling speeds should be more controllable ( we should be able to ball a lot slower / lot faster with the spinners and have more control on it) . I think the EA 07 patched up has good realistic speeds, edges to slips and keeper do feel better in that version.

5. Fast Bowlers still dont bowl fast enough to hurry a batsman.( i mean the real quick deliveries from flintoff, akhtar, johnson, lee etc.)

6. Autoplay option /simulate innings option for next 5 overs, 10 overs, 20 overs,next wkt fall etc.

May be asking for too much . :)

1. Yes. It should happen sometimes - the worse the fielder, the more it happens, but right now it happens far too much and turns a one into a two.

2. Yeps.

3. Seems fine to me. :)

4. Agree with that.

5. True - I want to see batsmen actually looking in physical danger from bouncers.

6. Why not?

Users who are viewing this thread