Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

Can anyone tell whether there are bat pads for spinners?

Also any idea how to use drift/flight for spinners?

This is the scorecard of 1st innings of Ind vs SA test match (Haard difficulty). The beta 2 patch seems to have made the AI batsmen play lofted shots to straightish long-on much more than the beta patch. Excpet the 3 caught behinds and Steyn's wicke, all the wickets have come when the batsmen lofted the ball straight to long-on. As I said earlier, this need to be tweaked otherwise it's going to be a annoying thing in test matches.

One area which still needs a bit tweaking is tendency and direction of lofted shots being played by the set (Bold and above) batsman in test matches. In the beta 2 patch, the batsmen does play all around the square when playing lofted shots.. but there is still the tendency to pick out the straightish long-on or long-off dielder when there is other places to hit the ball. it especially happens when spinners are bowling and it's a bit frustrating to see AI batsmen playing beautifully for 35-40 runs and then lofting the ball straight to long-on!
If this area is tweaked and AI chooses the direction more intelligently, I think they can score more runs as currently I can bowl them out for about 220-250.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-01 23-51-47-73.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-01 23-51-47-73.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-01 23-52-18-74.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-01 23-52-18-74.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 15
Just get everything in the light green :)

You mean bowling cursor and bowling meter? Doesn't seem to make a difference for me, all spinner deliveries seem flat, with no flight at all.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

This is the scorecard of 1st innings of Ind vs SA test match (Haard difficulty). The beta 2 patch seems to have made the AI batsmen play lofted shots to straightish long-on much more than the beta patch. Excpet the 3 caught behinds and Steyn's wicke, all the wickets have come when the batsmen lofted the ball straight to long-on. As I said earlier, this need to be tweaked otherwise it's going to be a annoying thing in test matches.

Agreed - the AI does play too many lofted shots down the ground now. Good that you got three caught behinds, maybe my lack of edges is down to something else other than the beta 2.

Unfortunately, I would be very surprised if we see any significant gameplay changes in the final patch, as TG themselves have said they'll only be working on 'critical' issues, but they've done a lot for gameplay as it is, far more than any other patch, let alone beta, that I've ever seen.

MasterBlaster76 added 8 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Can anyone tell whether there are bat pads for spinners?

Also any idea how to use drift/flight for spinners?

I haven't seen any bat/pad chances for spinners.

Hey, I just noticed that the Legends Coaching is still based on the old bowling lengths. This means that several challenges probably don't work the way they should, some might be easier, but others appear broken. For example, in the challenge where you need to face inswingers, it's quite ridiculous to have to leave one when they're all straight and hitting the stumps half way up.

Last edited:
An option to pick how many overs to simulate eg. 54 LOL

I'm sure the PC boys can do that though, once it becomes legal...

What is the number of that challenge? Is it literally impossible to progress?
It's the batting against fast bowlers one, the second last batting challenge. In the first part where you need to face outswingers, it's possible to leave them on line, even though the bowling can be quite full. However, in the second part, I'm now quite confident it's virtually impossible. The line is always quite good and you can see it wants you to pick the one going over the top and leave it.

Sorry, when I say "challenge" I mean the coaching ones not the actual challenge ones. Still working through them all. I just got a lockup when Warnie asked me to bowl a few overs and get the batsman out stumped. About to go in again and see if it was a fluke, but that's still one more in-game freeze than I've ever had before.

angryangy added 3 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Yep, happened again, same spot, after you bowl and before the ball pitches.

angryangy added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Okay, now I'm getting a securom error. Legit disc is legit, foo.

Reboot cleared the securom problem. Phew. Moved on to fielding coaching. Finally, one I was able to complete, but the final challenge again presented a bug, this time it appears manual throws can only be effected via keyboard.

Beefy's Batting Challenges appear okay, but again, bowlers are bowling the old lengths, very full and like in the case of trying to hook the West Indians, it doesn't quite seem to work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread