Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

I'd just like to say that I've had the game freeze a couple of times on my 360 (therefore unpatched and default roster)

That's interesting. I have never had the game freeze offline before the patch. All my "freezing" has happened post-patch. What were the circumstances surrounding your freezing or were they just random moments?

Yeah - the game hung on me six different times whilst I was in the course of bowling as England against AI Australia in the first Ashes test.

D

Yeah - the game hung on me six different times whilst I was in the course of bowling as England against AI Australia in the first Ashes test.

D

Yeah, my situations are often when the bowler releases the ball. Is that with you too?

That's interesting. I have never had the game freeze offline before the patch. All my "freezing" has happened post-patch. What were the circumstances surrounding your freezing or were they just random moments?

It might just have been my 360, but it was at the beginning of the run up when I was bowling. It only happened twice I think, I wasn't paying too close attention.

As per a previous post :

I have turned shadow down to low and switched off special effects thinking this may help but I am still having the game freeze on me.

I have played the first innings (both bowling and batting) of the first Ashes test and the freeze only happened to me when the player is bowling and the AI is batting. Game was fine when I was batting and the AI was bowling - no freezing problem there.

The game hung on me six times over the course of bowling 77.3 overs. First three times were when the ball had been hit by the AI along the ground for a four. As the ball was approaching the boundary the game just froze - twice with Broad the bowler and once with Anderson.

Next time was when the ball had been hit in the air off Swann. Then again when Swann was just reaching the crease to release a bowl.

The last time - which was most annoying - was with Collingwood bowling, just as I made a beautiful catch and the fielder hit the ground with the ball safely in his hands (this really hosed me off, as previously I must have dropped about 20 catches !!)

FYI - I am playing an offline one player game. I am on the Ashes first test on normal level, player as England, AI as Australia. I am also using a custom field.

But how do I change it Tom?

I am not Tom (or Dick or Harry), but do you know where to find the display.opt file? In your My Games/Codemasters/Ashes2009 file. Open it with notepad and change the value to 0 and save. That should do it.

dutchad added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Just open it with notepad.

Darn!!!! beat me again! How does he do it? How does he do it?:)

ARRGGHH - Just got the freezing problem for the first time with me batting against the AI bowling.

Previously, I only ever had it when bowling against the AI.

Playing first innings of the second Ashes test. Player = England, AI = Australia.

With the AI bowling Brett Lee to me batting as Flintoff. Sixth over - hit the ball for a four and as the ball was approaching the boundary the game hung.

I am not 100% sure about this, but I am starting to think that the game hangs when the ball is being followed by one camera angle and when the camera angle changes the game seems to freeze.

FYI - I am playing an offline one player game. I am on the Ashes second test on normal level, player as England, AI as Australia. I am also using a custom field.

D

Is anyone going to put up a new patch???? like the current tutsi one is alright, but I just hope someone can put up a more updated one with what you people are suggesting :S.

To add my suggestions:

Reverse swing a bit earlier

More lbw accuracy.

Make the AI not SMASH you when you put a light green etc. Im sick and tired of bowling the same delivery always just to get a yellow :S.

online stats should show matches, played, matches won and matches lost.

Is anyone going to put up a new patch???? like the current tutsi one is alright, but I just hope someone can put up a more updated one with what you people are suggesting :S.

To add my suggestions:

Reverse swing a bit earlier

More lbw accuracy.

Make the AI not SMASH you when you put a light green etc. Im sick and tired of bowling the same delivery always just to get a yellow :S.

There is the official one which has been officially released by the officials at the official company of Transmission Games who are the official owners of Ashes Cricket 2009.

Very Official. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread