Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

As I have pointed out earlier, trying to take a single is as difficult as lofting a ball. This is the scorecard of a recent match that I played. After losing wickets,unrealistically, while playing shots to squeeze out singles, I decided to slog with Yusuf Pathan. This thing needs to be fixed.

I have no problem taking a quick single. I just block it into the gap and take off for a run. Once you get your placement and timing right, it's not an issue.

Just had an edge that looked as though it definitely carried, but the catching ring didn't come up and it wasn't given. Has anyone else had that, or is it not common enough to worry about?

One thing I have had, unpatched, was a ground shot got hit low to a fielder, the ring didn't show up but it was given. It didn't count as a skill point earning catch.

Just had an edge that looked as though it definitely carried, but the catching ring didn't come up and it wasn't given. Has anyone else had that, or is it not common enough to worry about?

I had this once or twice on game pre patch.

I Haven't seen this one yet. I have had a number of times a ball go to a fielder when I thought it was a catching chance but it wasn't given. Maybe a "crowd" catch??

What I do like about this patch is that the unnecessary and excessive appealing has died down.

One thing I have noticed, and I cant remember if it was in the original version as well, is that if the wicket keeper is standing up to the stumps he takes the bails off every single time for a stumping even though the batsman has not moved out of the crease, and an appeal goes up.

Was that the case pre-patch?

I Haven't seen this one yet. I have had a number of times a ball go to a fielder when I thought it was a catching chance but it wasn't given. Maybe a "crowd" catch??

What I do like about this patch is that the unnecessary and excessive appealing has died down.

One thing I have noticed, and I cant remember if it was in the original version as well, is that if the wicket keeper is standing up to the stumps he takes the bails off every single time for a stumping even though the batsman has not moved out of the crease, and an appeal goes up.

I don't remember seeing it pre-patch, but then again, if I bowled anything other than completely full with Swann, he disappeared to the boundary all the time.

Na i never experienced this often on the game pre patch. Im just really frustrated at the moment and jealous of you lot playing this beta, as it sounds so good and well me having to wait till sometime late october is really painfull:laugh

I have no problem taking a quick single. I just block it into the gap and take off for a run. Once you get your placement and timing right, it's not an issue.

And pre beta, the AI did it as well. It'd be good if TG can work that back in, without waking up the AI runout bug...

One thing that may or may not be changed for the final patch:

When leaving the ground at the end of a session, the batsman gets a handshake from a member of the opposing team and he raises his bat to acknowledge the crowd. The problem is: does he deserve it? Alistair Cook was doing it on one of my games, yet he was 11* off 34 deliveries at Tea on the 2nd Day.

When leaving the ground at the end of a session, the batsman gets a handshake from a member of the opposing team and he raises his bat to acknowledge the crowd. The problem is: does he deserve it? Alistair Cook was doing it on one of my games, yet he was 11* off 34 deliveries at Tea on the 2nd Day.

Yes he does deserve it, because he hasn't gotten' out already in the first 10 overs like in real life.

Maybe its a 'well played chap' hand shake :P

would it be possible to have an in game chat engine for the online version, and also a forfeit/truce option...

the chat engine i reckon is necessary, to chat with opponents and let them no things eg. going outside to hang clothing, etc

the truce option - u send ur opponent a message, asking them if they wish to call the game a stalemate ie. going out somewhere

and the forfeit option - u give the game in ur opponents favour, but it doesnt affect ur 5 star match completion tally

coz its very annoying if u have to leave the game for something thats not ur fault, and it subtracts from ur rating....

Gazza_11 added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Even though the patch solved many of the bugs I still observed the following points which needs to be fixed according to me in the final match.

1. I have observed that AI bowls same kind of line outside off stump and short most of the times. I am bored now playing the defensive shots on the off or playing the pull on the leg side by shifting on the off side.

2. When the AI spinner is bowling, if I miss a shot, the wicket keeper always has a chance to get me out by stumping, which is out of my control. This is an irritating bug. I have to save games every over when the spinner is bowling.

3. The AI batsmen dont give edges at all when playing against fast bowlers nor they miss a ball. I bowled nearly 100 overs without a single edge to the slips on a fast wicket. Very unrealistic! :crying

4. More than 90% of the times, the AI batsmen find gaps in the field.

5. Why the ball spin nearly 90 degrees from day 1? Even though I see the cracks on day 4 or 5, there is no difference in the bounce/ pace/ spin in the wicket. This is an important issue the transmission guys need to review.

if i may, with no offence intended, maybe u just suck :P

Maybe its a 'well played chap' hand shake :P

would it be possible to have an in game chat engine for the online version, and also a forfeit/truce option...

the chat engine i reckon is necessary, to chat with opponents and let them no things eg. going outside to hang clothing, etc

the truce option - u send ur opponent a message, asking them if they wish to call the game a stalemate ie. going out somewhere

and the forfeit option - u give the game in ur opponents favour, but it doesnt affect ur 5 star match completion tally

coz its very annoying if u have to leave the game for something thats not ur fault, and it subtracts from ur rating....

Gazza_11 added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

if i may, with no offence intended, maybe u just suck :P

Well I dont think he sucks i have the same problem getting edges - but mostly in the first 10 overs. Dale Steyn looks about as threatening as a kitten when I bowl to the opposition's openers. I play on hard because I do eventually get them out for realistic scores but its still difficult to get edges early on.

Ugh, I hate that cutscene. It should be reserved for a player getting a fifty, or a hundred.

Users who are viewing this thread