Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

So in this beta patch is there a difference from pre patch with the batsmens confidence bars, what have they changed and the problem seems to be how easy it still is to loft.

So in this beta patch is there a difference from pre patch with the batsmens confidence bars, what have they changed and the problem seems to be how easy it still is to loft.

Yeps, even poorly timed shots can still fly for six or one bounce fours. It's one of the few things that needs sorting out.

This is just a beta though. A beta! Best damn beta ever, in my book and I'm sure others agree. Well done again, TG!
I have never seen a final patch that changes a game so fundamentally, let alone a beta.

Something that's a little annoying (and has cost me dear in the 2nd test) is the orange catching ring. I thought it meant a 50/50 chance of taking the catch, but it seems to drop it more often than not.

Something that's a little annoying (and has cost me dear in the 2nd test) is the orange catching ring. I thought it meant a 50/50 chance of taking the catch, but it seems to drop it more often than not.

This actually depends a lot on the players fielding capabilities. Someone like Cris Gayle drops catches at Orange all the time , but someone like Ponting is pretty good at it.

Check out the individual player ratings in the player customize menu for a better idea of who are the safer fielders in your team.

Well I have mentioned this in another thread but this is probably a better place to post: Not sure if it has been mentioned before or if Im just crap but I cant seem to get any wickets in an ODI within the first 10 overs. Think its happened once, and especially edges are almost impossible. If this is the case, perhaps finding the edge needs to be made easier especially if im landing/stopping the bar in the perfect zone like 90% of the time.

This actually depends a lot on the players fielding capabilities. Someone like Cris Gayle drops catches at Orange all the time , but someone like Ponting is pretty good at it.

Check out the individual player ratings in the player customize menu for a better idea of who are the safer fielders in your team.

Prior's dropping more oranges than he's catching. He'll be having Orange Juice mixed with Grass juice for a very long time!

Once AI get into 'Fearless', they never seem to play/miss and hardly ever make mistakes - or at least not nearly as often as real life - especially off seamers.

Once AI get into 'Fearless', they never seem to play/miss and hardly ever make mistakes - or at least not nearly as often as real life - especially off seamers.

This needs to change come release of the final patch. Even when at fearless there has to be the possibility of a chance coming your way, Also when there confidence is very low some shots like lofted shots should surely be off the cards to perfect.

I think 'confident' is the closest representation of a batsman who has his eye in and is playing some nice shots, but isn't invulnerable to getting out. Any higher than that and they don't make enough mistakes. So, what I'd say to TG is make the gap between confident/bold/fearless much smaller, that would produce an AI that is challenging, without being impossible to get out by methods other than being caught on the boundary.

What does everyone else think?

Yes, i completely agree with what your saying about the gaps inbetween confident/bold/fearless they need to be smaller.

I think 'confident' is the closest representation of a batsman who has his eye in and is playing some nice shots, but isn't invulnerable to getting out. Any higher than that and they don't make enough mistakes. So, what I'd say to TG is make the gap between confident/bold/fearless much smaller, that would produce an AI that is challenging, without being impossible to get out by methods other than being caught on the boundary.

What does everyone else think?

You say that but looking at even your scorecards the scores are hardly ridiculously high, they're acctually quite realistic, any easier and it might not be competitive enough. Of course I haven't played it, but it's just a thought.

I don't there are going to be a lot of changes from beta 1 to the final patch. Just online being re-enabled and few small tweaks. I keep reading "oh, I'm sure that will be fixed in the final patch" but to be honest probably not. The patch is there to fix the major issues not every little annoyance or quibble.

I don't there are going to be a lot of changes from beta 1 to the final patch. Just online being re-enabled and few small tweaks. I keep reading "oh, I'm sure that will be fixed in the final patch" but to be honest probably not. The patch is there to fix the major issues not every little annoyance or quibble.

Could you let us know what issues are deffinately being sorted come final patch release no pressure lol :)

Ahh thats a good sign tho, the lofted shot power being sorted, this should make a much more challenging game when batting. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread