Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

- The ball spins too much

- Tweak speeds/player ratings a bit more. Just seems wrong to me that Zimbabwe have 2 87 MPH bowlers and 2 90 MPH bowlers while Bangladesh have just one 87 MPH bowler. Bangladesh are supposed to be the stronger side currently. Although, the Zim side in this game does feature all the rebel players who have quit/retired now, so maybe it makes sense they are stronger.

- Dunnow if this is a bug or just my batting, but I can't seem to get my batsmen out of Timid confidence. In a Bangla/Zim test match Tamim Iqbal is on 47 off 63 and still on Timid confidence, despite quite a few lofted shots for four. His opening partner is on like 10 from 66 and on Timid too. I just can't get them out of it. Leaving deliveries, defending everything, or playing lots of lofted shots and picking up boundaries (Like with Tamim) aren't working.

Batters gain confidence for:
Well timed defensive shots
Runs
Boundaries
Dropped catches
No balls

Batters lose confidence for:
Play and miss
Edges
Partner getting out
Hit on the pad
Maiden overs

Lose confidence for maiden overs? Ouch, I guess that's why my 10 runs off 66 balls guy is still on Timid :p

But yea, with Tamim I've gotten quite a few boundaries and well timed defensive shots. But after a flurry of boundaries his confidence remained un-moved. Let me try again and see if it gets him out of timid this time.

It really takes time to build confidence now Zorax, unless you're slogging every ball its going to take a while.

I find early on I can push into the covers for 1 or drop it on the legside. I make sure I get a run if I can though off the over.

It's a pain that maiden overs cause you to lose confidence. How do you play a batsman in then, or in my case, take a 50 rated batsman out of timid confidence!

Guess I'll try playing an attacking shot after a few defensive ones. I should be able to get Tamim out though, he's scoring well enough.

It really takes time to build confidence now Zorax, unless you're slogging every ball its going to take a while.

So have they actually changed the confidence issue??

And batting on low confidence is it really hard to play certain shots cause i never realy noticed on the game pre patch but i havent played this patch as im on 360.

Last edited:
As I have pointed out earlier, trying to take a single is as difficult as lofting a ball. This is the scorecard of a recent match that I played. After losing wickets,unrealistically, while playing shots to squeeze out singles, I decided to slog with Yusuf Pathan. This thing needs to be fixed.

Attachments

• ind-pak-odi.JPG
    ind-pak-odi.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 26
I want that a new patch has something in it for the reverse swing
i want that we should be able to bowl the reverse swing delivery in T20 matches.

You are right , but usually under normal circumstances , a normal bowler cant get Reverse Swing before 25-35 overs. So it seems that reverse swing is something made in mind keeping the 50 over ODI & the Test Matches only.

Umar Gul can bowl reverse swing in T20 cricket by 12th-14th over.

Give him the ability to do it..

Is the slogging far to easily a big issue for most people and is it gonna be fixed for the final patch release?

You can score runs with defensive shots. Just aim for the gaps.
Easier said than done when playing with batsmen who's placement skill is in the fifties. :p Small timing zones doesn't help either, it becomes safer to play straight down the line of the ball than work a straight ball across the line.

In a way, I'm absolutely loving this part of the game and the challenge it's giving me. Don't like that maiden overs suck away at the confidence though, but I guess I'll work around it.

Problems I observed in the beta patch

Even though the patch solved many of the bugs I still observed the following points which needs to be fixed according to me in the final match.

1. I have observed that AI bowls same kind of line outside off stump and short most of the times. I am bored now playing the defensive shots on the off or playing the pull on the leg side by shifting on the off side.

2. When the AI spinner is bowling, if I miss a shot, the wicket keeper always has a chance to get me out by stumping, which is out of my control. This is an irritating bug. I have to save games every over when the spinner is bowling.

3. The AI batsmen dont give edges at all when playing against fast bowlers nor they miss a ball. I bowled nearly 100 overs without a single edge to the slips on a fast wicket. Very unrealistic! :crying

4. More than 90% of the times, the AI batsmen find gaps in the field.

5. Why the ball spin nearly 90 degrees from day 1? Even though I see the cracks on day 4 or 5, there is no difference in the bounce/ pace/ spin in the wicket. This is an important issue the transmission guys need to review.

Even though the patch solved many of the bugs I still observed the following points which needs to be fixed according to me in the final match.

1. I have observed that AI bowls same kind of line outside off stump and short most of the times. I am bored now playing the defensive shots on the off or playing the pull on the leg side by shifting on the off side.

2. When the AI spinner is bowling, if I miss a shot, the wicket keeper always has a chance to get me out by stumping, which is out of my control. This is an irritating bug. I have to save games every over when the spinner is bowling.

3. The AI batsmen dont give edges at all when playing against fast bowlers nor they miss a ball. I bowled nearly 100 overs without a single edge to the slips on a fast wicket. Very unrealistic! :crying

4. More than 90% of the times, the AI batsmen find gaps in the field.

5. Why the ball spin nearly 90 degrees from day 1? Even though I see the cracks on day 4 or 5, there is no difference in the bounce/ pace/ spin in the wicket. This is an important issue the transmission guys need to review.

I had the AI edging on a regular basis early in their innings, and they also played and missed quite a bit. Odd that you haven't had any in 100 overs...

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

As I have pointed out earlier, trying to take a single is as difficult as lofting a ball. This is the scorecard of a recent match that I played. After losing wickets,unrealistically, while playing shots to squeeze out singles, I decided to slog with Yusuf Pathan. This thing needs to be fixed.

The trick is to time the defensive shot in the 'perfect' or 'good' zone and not to play too square. If the AI field allows, you can milk a lot of runs this way, while you're building up your batsman's confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread