Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

I'd add that the pitch looks too cracked on day two and then it looks (and seems to play) the same on day three. Of course, right now, the spinners spin it square on day one!

Edit: I don't know if this could be considered for the patch, but I would actually like the bowler colour rings to remain the same colour, unless you're playing on easy/normal. It just seems like a training aid, which we should be able to turn off.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place for this. Sorry in advance if it is not.

Is there a way that you can remove the highlighted section on the field setting map that shows you where you are going to place the ball. if you cant see exactly where you are hitting it on the map then you dont find the gaps as much. i tried covering the field placements map with a book and found that i hit it to the fielders a lot more rather than finding the gaps all the time.(More like real cricket) Also maybe on hard make the bowling marker appear later so you dont have as much time to choose you shot. The way it is now you can pre determine your shot pretty much as the bowler runs in the more the direction right into the gap and score easy.

just a thought let me know what u guys think.

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Sorry in advance if it is not.

Is there a way that you can remove the highlighted section on the field setting map that shows you where you are going to place the ball. if you cant see exactly where you are hitting it on the map then you dont find the gaps as much. i tried covering the field placements map with a book and found that i hit it to the fielders a lot more rather than finding the gaps all the time.(More like real cricket) Also maybe on hard make the bowling marker appear later so you dont have as much time to choose you shot. The way it is now you can pre determine your shot pretty much as the bowler runs in the more the direction right into the gap and score easy.

just a thought let me know what u guys think.

Good points.
It would at least be great to have the option of turning that stuff on or off. I still find it quite hard in hard mode to time the ball well so it is not a great problem for me but once you get used to the game it would be nice to have the option of switching everything off and having to rely soley on eye judgement; i.e real cricket!:)

Nice tip about the book! Adds a new dimension to "cover-drive"!!!

Nice tip about the book! Adds a new dimension to "cover-drive"!!!

I find having a broom next to you whilst playing the sweep makes it far more exhilarating. (It's seems dutch's penchant for the silly humour has bitten)

Anyway, I like the idea about not having the aiming cone showing. It would be good to be able still see the fielders though, which the book solution doesn't solve.

is removing the aiming cone as a option something that could be done for this game or is it a next release thing?

I find having a broom next to you whilst playing the sweep makes it far more exhilarating. (It's seems dutch's penchant for the silly humour has bitten)

Anyway, I like the idea about not having the aiming cone showing. It would be good to be able still see the fielders though, which the book solution doesn't solve.

At the risk of being an "utter gay-boy", you could look at the field-settings and then cover things up again!? I know it sounds silly but I have actually tried it and it does add something extra. On hard it is too hard even with the cone there but on normal, which I prefer at the moment as I get realistic games personally, it certainly makes things just a little bit trickier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope at least you were being Broad-minded

i need a beer

:drink

Now you have really hit rock (Side)bottom. And Prior to that I already told you to Flint-off. Does it ring a Bell? Thats two times on the Trott I have had to tell you that you (Pieter)son of a gun. Any yes this is my Swann-song!:)

Now you have really hit rock (Side)bottom. And Prior to that I already told you to Flint-off. Does it ring a Bell? Thats two times on the Trott I have had to tell you that you (Pieter)son of a gun. Any yes this is my Swann-song!:)

OK, I thought about it, and I can't do anything with 'Strauss' :laugh:laugh

:drink :drink

I think it would work with an analogue gamepad but less well with a keyboard.

thats it, Lee-ve right now, go Trott up North till you reach McDonalds and have a well Cook-ed mcSwann burger, you Hussey!

Users who are viewing this thread