Beta Testers for New Cricket Simulation

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
So this simulator run on your website, or it build like a plugin or add on for any sites to use?
Its HTML so it can easily run on any webpage with the use of an iframe. I'd like to keep it on my site for the webpage views and building a following. What Ive done is pure madness lol There is no cricket simulator like this one.

There is even over rate, like if you rely too much of pace you will like fall short of your minimum overs in tests. If you take too long to bowl when the batsman is ready, you will get a warning from the umpire for wasting time, and a 5 run penalty if you do it again. There is a commentary box. They commentate on wickets and runs, acknowledge centuries, all while calling the players by their names

The AI will adapt in ODIs, T20s, and Tests. They will speed up if they're trying to declare in tests. If it's like the last day of the test and let's say you set them 275. They will try to chase it down, but if they lose too many wickets they will bat for a draw...

The AI will also adapt to the pitch. Their best bowlers will bowl upfront and in the depth

You can send in a night watch man, change you bowlers at any time

There is realistic rain delays, Duckworth Lewis, flood lights, bad light delays, pace bowlers are more lethal in cloudy weather. There's a weather widget so you can see the current weather

You will be able to play in drizzle which may or may not lead to rain

Theres a of pitches, dukes ball aid reverse swing, SG ball aid swing and spin, Kookaburra ball aids early innings pace

And More

It's pure madness I tell you! But Im a passionate cricket fan and wanted to do something to honor the beautiful game
Post automatically merged:

Looking forward to it. You've raised our expectations now :p
Check the comment I sent to Pinch Hitter. I may have raised it higher lol

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
Hey guys. Unfortunately I was not able to reach my deadline today but here's the screenshots I promised. Going to take Sunday off to relax and will try to finish the playable beta in the next few days. So the game has four types of rain ranging from drizzle to pouring rain. Also the green meter bar in the clip is the confidence meter.

By the way, Im not a graphic designer but I tried. My main focus is the gameplay.

There's alot of stuff I did not show.

Let me know what you think.

@CTSGameDEV definitely waiting for the Sunday...
Sorry I wasn't able to reach my deadline. But I left some screenshots and video

Attachments

• Untitled design (1).wav
    5.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Untitled design (2).wav
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Cricket Test Sim Home.PNG
    Cricket Test Sim Home.PNG
    108.3 KB · Views: 26
  • England Stadium.PNG
    England Stadium.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 26

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Works for me- was busy all weekend

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
If the videos dont work heres the gif format

The videos are the wrong format, but I'm still excited for it
I uploaded them in the gif format. hopefully that works

Attachments

• Untitled design (30).gif
    Untitled design (30).gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Untitled design (34).gif
    Untitled design (34).gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 29
  • Untitled design (35).gif
    Untitled design (35).gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 28

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
Love the Batter.
Liking the look too. It feels different.
I will be following the current trend of using batter instead of batsman/batsmen. I did use batsmen in one of the pics,(that was before the change) I uploaded but I will be using batter/batters going forward especially since I want to add women's cricket. My inspiration has been old school cricket games for the design. I was going for the retro TV look with flickering text. I'm not a trained graphic designer so this is as indie as it gets

I'm not quite sure if it will work or if people will warm up to it.

The game is more faithful to any cricket simulator out there Ive seen but it's getting people to buy into it and play it. And I'm terrible at marketing.

So I worry it wont' find an audience, but I will give it a try. I dont want to feel like the last six months was a waste.

But thank you all for the support. It's helping me stay positive about the project

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
@CTSGameDEV question, would we be able to output the results over by over?

Also, as for marketing, I feel like just even getting the word out there would help, there are not too many cricket simulation games out there and I feel like the market is there for it... hey you have one customer right here

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
@CTSGameDEV question, would we be able to output the results over by over?

Also, as for marketing, I feel like just even getting the word out there would help, there are not too many cricket simulation games out there and I feel like the market is there for it... hey you have one customer right here
Thats the reason I thought I had a chance. The market is open and Cricket Captain is sitting on top as a king. Alot of cricket fans would like more options.

It can be played ball by ball. But it will have an express mode that will simulate overs for quick play.

And thanks for the support! Joining this forum seems like it will give me the confidence to see the project to the end.

Here's my plan: The game will launch with singles mode, meaning no series, just single game play. I'd like to get all players in the game, all domestic leagues and international, in all formats. Also women's cricket.

Then the next phase, add series mode, then add seasons mode.

Then career mode: You pick your character, name, customize, whether you're a wicket keeper, all around, finisher, ect. You can get dropped, become captain, lose captaincy, become a t20 mercenary, choose to play in t20 leagues instead of playing for your country

And management mode: you scout for talent, train and do drills with them, interact with them, dropped them, give them as many chances as you like. In this mode I want to even the playing field where you can coach a team like Afghanistan or South Korea to the world cup final...

You can choose to coach U-19, domestic, T20 or International, and see the ones you coach go on to become legends

And like if you coach U-19, you will be able to see international matches being played out, T20s. It will all happen in the same world.

So you can start out as an u-19 coach and get hired as a international coach, and you can get fired also

Why do I want to do all this? Because thats the game I want to play, and there's nothing out there in the market that scratches that itch...

Cricket just hasn't gotten alot of love from game companies

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
In this mode I want to even the playing field where you can coach a team like Afghanistan or South Korea to the world cup final...
I can already see myself doing a save with Denmark

This is all looking very good! I have not much coding experience but I'd be willing to help in other ways if you need some assistance.

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
I can already see myself doing a save with Denmark

This is all looking very good! I have not much coding experience but I'd be willing to help in other ways if you need some assistance.
Thanks! I actually will accept any help. I have alot of non coding work to do like creating simple avatars, building the database of players in google sheets.

Ofcourse you will be credited in the credits section of the game.

Im solo developing this so any help will take some load off me.

Let me know if youd like to help with this.

Users who are viewing this thread