Beta Testers for New Cricket Simulation

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Thats the reason I thought I had a chance. The market is open and Cricket Captain is sitting on top as a king. Alot of cricket fans would like more options.

It can be played ball by ball. But it will have an express mode that will simulate overs for quick play.

And thanks for the support! Joining this forum seems like it will give me the confidence to see the project to the end.

Here's my plan: The game will launch with singles mode, meaning no series, just single game play. I'd like to get all players in the game, all domestic leagues and international, in all formats. Also women's cricket.

Then the next phase, add series mode, then add seasons mode.

Then career mode: You pick your character, name, customize, whether you're a wicket keeper, all around, finisher, ect. You can get dropped, become captain, lose captaincy, become a t20 mercenary, choose to play in t20 leagues instead of playing for your country

And management mode: you scout for talent, train and do drills with them, interact with them, dropped them, give them as many chances as you like. In this mode I want to even the playing field where you can coach a team like Afghanistan or South Korea to the world cup final...

You can choose to coach U-19, domestic, T20 or International, and see the ones you coach go on to become legends

And like if you coach U-19, you will be able to see international matches being played out, T20s. It will all happen in the same world.

So you can start out as an u-19 coach and get hired as a international coach, and you can get fired also

Why do I want to do all this? Because thats the game I want to play, and there's nothing out there in the market that scratches that itch...

Cricket just hasn't gotten alot of love from game companies

This sounds incredible

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
Hah, I'm doing this exact thing for a football game right now! I'm in, data sheets are my bread and butter
Cool. I love football too! I will send you a private message with what I need specifically. The specific stats. If I can get help with that it will make the development process go by alot quicker since I can focus more on the coding.

Also if anyone reading this can help with the avatars that would help. Ive included an example image with this message. I could have gone the simple route but I wanted to add some nice detail and character. But I would have to give every player an avatar. I was thinking about just leaving it out until much later in the year.

You know how there's a fall of wicket and on the TV it shows the profile picture and stats of the new batter coming in to bat. I wanted to recreate that

Basically what I did was look for a good head shot online, remove the background, give it a background color, and give the head shot a solid color.

But I could do the second half. All I need is someone to find the head shot, give the frame certain dimensions and share with me, and I can do the rest.

I can't use player likenesses for obvious reasons but I think I will be able to get away with avatars/silhouettes

The player data base is much more important. The avatar is just icing on the cake lol and something the game can do without

Attachments

• Untitled design (37).gif
    Untitled design (37).gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 29

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Cool. I love football too! I will send you a private message with what I need specifically. The specific stats. If I can get help with that it will make the development process go by alot quicker since I can focus more on the coding.
Sure, that sounds good.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Count me in for beta testing and ideas , I have helped Kurtkz for cricket heroes and we were continuously chatting and sharing ideas and I also developed a cricket player management sim in VB basic a decade ago so I do have some programming knowledge as well. Hit me on watsapp if you want , inbox me your number.

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
Count me in for beta testing and ideas , I have helped Kurtkz for cricket heroes and we were continuously chatting and sharing ideas and I also developed a cricket player management sim in VB basic a decade ago so I do have some programming knowledge as well. Hit me on watsapp if you want , inbox me your number.
Definitely will! Thanks

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
update guys! I have not abandoned the project. On the contrary I have made signifant progress. Here's what happened. My game plan changed. I'm approaching from a different angle since I'm a solo developer on this game. Phase 1, get all teams in the game. I mean every single team, even the bahamas lol It's going to be epic. The thing is how are they going to compete with the likes of India. Oh, they will lol I will include "booster packs" in the game with generated players to give extremely low ranking teams a shot at glory.

Also I was busy creating rankings. There are rankings for bowlers, batters, and allrounders. This is for all players, including AI.

If you choose management mode, all players on your team and on the AI will go up or down on the rankings based on how they perform.

It's based on matches played so the rankings will always be fair.

The rankings can be viewed once a match has ended.

There's also team rankings, so you can take Hong Kong to the top if you like. You can thank me later.

Every play in the game has a profile. Ive worked extensively on this. It's just like cricinfo's record page. You will see their stats for all formats, runs, high score, average, wickets taken, best innings, best match.

In the profile is a section for hundreds. You see hundreds againts pace, hundreds against spin, hundreds at home, hundreds away, hundeds away each nation

For bowlers you will see wickets taken against left handed batsman, right handed mats, home, away, against each nation

There's some more things, but thats for another time.

And as seen in the gifs I included witht his message I added a record playing function/playlist. I hope you catch the reference to the field. Basically the record looks like a field, the three circles lol

I wanted to make music a big part of the experience so you can play default, no music like with the blue record, or play with some music by click the musically note below. It will take you to a page with tons of musically options and genres so you can play to your jam.

Also right next to the batter or bowler there will be an icon that when you click on will take you to that player stats/records page. (It's next to "Root" in the gif I included.) Pretty sweet for stats guys like me.

Also career mode will have the same rankings funtions. You can go to the top in any profession you choose whether batter, bowler or allrounder.

Thanks for reading guys. All the support helps!

Im pretty sure I will be publishing the demo early next week
Post automatically merged:

@CTSGameDEV any further updates on the project?
Thanks for the support! read my newest post

Attachments

• record eng (1).gif
    record eng (1).gif
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • record eng.gif
    record eng.gif
    880.6 KB · Views: 21

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
Hello guys. Been awhile. I'm basically finished with the base game for Cricket Text Simulator. It's been a nightmare to finish. Coding a cricket game is no small feat. I will be releasing a playable demo today. I'm still working on debugging the game and trying to catch all the bugs. But it's starting to look polished! Look out for a more detailed message from me later on

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
Hey guys. So you can head over to my site and try out the demo https://www.crickettextsimulator.com/

Just a warning. It's still super buggy. I encountered quite a few bugs in the past day. Like the more bugs I fix the more that pop up. But it's getting there.

The demo should run for 5 balls if no bugs pop up. A new bug had popped up on every sixth ball so Im working on that.

The game is finished, just trying to get rid of game breaking bugs.

Also the game will be completely FREE. I will see how I can monetize through ads on my site and in game, where I run ads during lunch breaks and innings breaks.

Here are the features:

Batting, Bowling, Allrounder Rankings. Team rankings. Series or single matches. Rain delays. Duck Worth Lewis. DRS. Appealing. Reviews and review timer. Leagues. Profile Stats. Legendary players. All contracted players for international teams and leagues. Confidence meter for batsman based on their skill and the skill of the bowling. Settling mechanic. Pace bowlers get a boost in overcast cloudy weather. Pitch conditions. Commentary. Speedometer. And alot more. There's some more cool mechanics!

I was planning to add an auction for leagues but thats ALOT of work. I can. Thinking about it. Id like to add womens cricket and online play later on.

The controls for the game are pretty simple and straightforward. LFS means Look for single. This will prioritize looking for a single. And RS means Retain Strike. You will prioritize running for two so you can retain the strike, meaning you will reject singles. Press those buttons and then press soft, medium or hard if the situation demands it

Also just a tip, medium should be what you press most of the time. It's in the middle of soft and hard. I will share some more tips in the coming weeks

I just have a few major bugs to fix so bear with me. Share some feedback. Thanks!

CTSGameDEV

Club Cricketer
Also, the game is best played on google chrome. I havent really tested it with other browsers, so while some may play it perfectly, some may not. But chrome is a sure bet.

I think safari on mobile works well.

Another thing be sure to go full screen on desktop. The experience is better. On the game screen as a link that says Full Screen. This doesnt work on mobile

Manish.

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys. So you can head over to my site and try out the demo https://www.crickettextsimulator.com/

Just a warning. It's still super buggy. I encountered quite a few bugs in the past day. Like the more bugs I fix the more that pop up. But it's getting there.

The demo should run for 5 balls if no bugs pop up. A new bug had popped up on every sixth ball so Im working on that.

The game is finished, just trying to get rid of game breaking bugs.

Also the game will be completely FREE. I will see how I can monetize through ads on my site and in game, where I run ads during lunch breaks and innings breaks.

Here are the features:

Batting, Bowling, Allrounder Rankings. Team rankings. Series or single matches. Rain delays. Duck Worth Lewis. DRS. Appealing. Reviews and review timer. Leagues. Profile Stats. Legendary players. All contracted players for international teams and leagues. Confidence meter for batsman based on their skill and the skill of the bowling. Settling mechanic. Pace bowlers get a boost in overcast cloudy weather. Pitch conditions. Commentary. Speedometer. And alot more. There's some more cool mechanics!

I was planning to add an auction for leagues but thats ALOT of work. I can. Thinking about it. Id like to add womens cricket and online play later on.

The controls for the game are pretty simple and straightforward. LFS means Look for single. This will prioritize looking for a single. And RS means Retain Strike. You will prioritize running for two so you can retain the strike, meaning you will reject singles. Press those buttons and then press soft, medium or hard if the situation demands it

Also just a tip, medium should be what you press most of the time. It's in the middle of soft and hard. I will share some more tips in the coming weeks

I just have a few major bugs to fix so bear with me. Share some feedback. Thanks!
A good start and I know what kind of effort this kind of simulator takes. Excited for the first non-beta (public) release.

Which language are you using and how you are handling ML here? In the case of python, and need some kind of help you can refer to my source code, or for any technical bugs reach out to me in PM.

Users who are viewing this thread