Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gameplay and Graphics aren't mutually exclusive. If they can't get that basics of what actual cricket looks like today then there's not much worth holding your breath for...

Never seen test shirts that look that ridiculous. This is amateur hour stuff. Cricket 09 looks next generation compared with that Photoshopped junk. Look at how HUGE those sleeves are and the tiny tiny arms of the batsmen? Physically it's amazing he has the ability to lift that bat, there's no bulk there. The amount of times players hit the gym these days, and players with huge arms to bring power to their shots. There's just nothing in that image that looks right.

Last edited:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
There's just nothing in that image that looks right.

Can't agree with that. If the lady beside the keepers knee was not so blurry, I think she'd be pretty hot! Thumbs up big ant. :thumbs

In all seriousness though. I get where your coming from. I just don't think it's a great idea to put down companies that make cricket games before you've seen their finished product. These companies are few and far between. What's the sense in putting them off. Besides, their not forcing you to buy it.

But I will say your cooking mitts comment was hilarious. :)

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I get where your coming from. I just don't think it's a great idea to put down companies that make cricket games before you've seen their finished product.

...I'm really just having a laugh, rather than being serious. But it's pretty silly to put an image out there saying it's a "first look" at a game, when it's pretty obviously photoshopped and, lets be honest, pretty underwhelming. That and Big Ant's track record on the rugby league games isn't all that flash.

For a game that's been delayed and delayed, it's not got a great "brand" already, when you compare that with how Trickstar are handling themselves right now (by engaging the fans, being realistic and moderating our expectations) I know which horse I'm betting on...

As cricket fans, we should expect better... regardless of just saying "well, it's a cricket game, we should just be happy" ...demand the very best, not the "best we can get"

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Big Ant are pretty active with the communities for their Football games, so there's no reason to expect that they won't be receptive. I only know about the Big Ant game what has been revealed publicly, but in general terms one of the reasons we so rarely get early screenshots of games is simply that they are almost never representative of the finished product, for better or worse.

I personally believe that is gameplay - during a replay. That sort of depth of field stuff and background blur reminds me a lot of BLIC 2007's graphical style. I'd imagine they would share the engine with their other games (which should mean a good variety of Stadiums considering the AFL game) which while clearly not the top of the line for sports games, it's not bad by any measure.

Also, a delay alone isn't a bad thing. Even EA have cancelled sports games because they internally didn't think they were up to the mark. It's a bit different to Gamebience constantly breaking set release dates and deadlines, at least.

All that said - with HES as a distributor I demand a release on an unofficial NES cart.

ankitbabu

School Cricketer
This game looks good.

From the screenshots u cant judge it.but i think this game will be good.and to all those who r saying this game not look good must keep quiet and wait till game comes. that all

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
At least another game is coming out. This will make both companies work hard on their products. Trickstar are doing a great job of getting close in with their potential buyers. That is what I would recommend Bigant to do.

srk121

International Coach
Big Ant finally has a forum set up, although no information of release dates have been given out.

Also, mods may close this thread.

Its funny that there were nocricket games for 2 years and now we have 2 titles to look forward to. I hope both of the titles comes good

cricketaddict

Club Captain
Its like the post world cup time of 2011 when Big Ant announced the new cricket game, TOAC was in full swing, and Gambience announced their Cricket Life was about to release but non actually came out except the Beta Release 0.1 of TOAC.

The thing is I am sure Ashes 2013 will come out but this game I dont have much hopes

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
..but non actually came out except the Beta Release 0.1 of TOAC.

It was actually a pre-alpha release. But I would be lying if I say I wasn't drooling over it. :noway

srk121

International Coach
It was actually a pre-alpha release. But I would be lying if I say I wasn't drooling over it. :noway

Have to admit legend did get it spot on in terms of bowl behaviour and physics. The collision of bat and bowl was amazing as well. Even with the resources he managed to get so many things accurate with TAOC. It shame that everything stopped all of a sudden. :noway

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
wow!

Doesn't look that great to be honest. This thing has been "in development" for so long it's clearly been on the back-burner. The pads in that screenshot look all wrong, as do the bizzare looking keeper gloves, what are they, mittens? Helmet looks like a horse-riding cap, it's just all wrong.

100852d1349783403-big-ant-studios-post-first-look-cricket-game-wrong.jpg

...shirt sleeves are too long, it's not the 80's and the collars look like something Travolta would wear in Grease. Colour me utterly unimpressed.

It's also (pretty obviously) Photoshopped. I doubt that's a genuine in-game image. That crowd background for a start has been "placed" behind the player animations...

Wow! Just Wow! So I guess that we should not provide work in progress screenshots ever then, and to think I just emailed another one through to you guys a few minutes ago... might have to rethink that now.

In any case you are incorrect with your comments on photoshopping, the crowd is *not* dropped in. If you check the crowds from our recent RL game they have the same effects on them.

This is my first visit here and I see that this is posted by a moderator, is this what the standard behaviour is on here by mod's?

Cheers,

Ross.

Users who are viewing this thread