BLC With WIN XP - help Wanted on sold out cd

abu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All,

I am not able to install BLC around 92% its giving some error any help on this matter

thanks
abu

gurudatt

School Cricketer
Hi,
I am also having the same problem as previous posting.

Error I am getting..

Component Move Data had following error
Media Name: Data
Component: Texture
File Group: Texture
File: D:Programs
etsPracticetmdPTWICK.TMD
Error No. -113

Is there any way of fixing this?
It is the Sold Out version of Brian Lara Cricket
Ive notice that other people have mentioned this problem can you tell me if you are using the Sold Out version as well.

The weird thing I have observed is, when I try to access any subdirectory under D:Programs
etsPractice it says the files or folders have been moved and it doesnt allow me to read those folders.

I think thats what prevents the full installation of those files in tmd folders.

Can you help me out?

Thanks
Gurudatt

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
I am not using the sold out version and hence I can make the game work in an XP machine(I have win98; but I tried to get BLC running on the XP machine of my friend and it ran well).
No one with the sold out version has till yet been able to make the game run on WindowsXP.
You can try to swap your sold out version with someone who has the original and is running windows 98. You can also try this:
Get hold of an original copy of blc(borrow it from somebody) and install the game using that, then try and run the game with the sold out cd in the drive.

-Ritwik

kiran

School Cricketer
I recently bought the sold out version and was really dejected that it does not work on win 2000. But after a lot of manipulations i was able to make it work on windows 2000.

Basically there are two problems, installation and game run. Here are the steps i followed

Installation
1. Firstly as you guys have posted there is this file move error at 92%. I found out that for some reason on win2000, the application was looking for files under Nets which has been moved into Nets2 folder. I made a copy of the entire sold-out cd onto a writable cd and added all files under Program
ets2practicetim and Program
ets2practicetmd into Program
etspracticetim and Program
etspracticetmd.

2. After step 1, i had problems running installation on the new CD using the setup.now application, instead i browsed the CD and started installation from Setup.exe file present on the CD root and the installation was successful.

Game Run:-
1. Once installation is successful i installed the patch files for XP/2000 and was able to play the game.

Dunno if this is the best way to do it but this is what worked :), would be happy to help if you need more information.

cheers,
Kiran

stormer2k

School Cricketer
:rolleyes:

ried copying the CD, copied everything except for "Nets" directory in Programs!

Could not access that directory either
:unsure:

BLC_WinXP_AAAAGGGHH

School Cricketer
!!AT LAST: A REAL SOLUTION WHEN INSTALL FAILS AT 96%ish!!:
Much fiddling and I've done it at last!!
READ ALL OF THIS CAREFULLY!!

This is where the problem is:
D:/Program/Nets/practice

What you have to do is copy EVERYTHING into a file on your hard drive (OR to a new writable CD) and then run the installer from there.
You may have some problems because it cannot read the files mentioned above ... so you may have to do a few files at a time.

BECAUSE IT CANNOT READ THE ABOVE FILES, YOU CAN DO THIS:
Copy the files from /Program/Nets2/practice
into: /Program/Nets/practice

(COPY ALL FILES FROM 'Program/NETS2' TO 'Program/NETS')

Maybe the nets practice session will have problems (??) ... BUT THE INSTALLER DOES COMPLETE PERFECTLY...

Then all you have to do is download the right XP fix from here:
http://blc.sports-gaming.com/blcfiles.htm

(I used the 'Software' one)

AND THE GAME RUNS AT LAST!!!!!!!!
HURRAH!!

Questions: [email protected]

stormer2k

School Cricketer
:) Thanks for all this info, i will give it ago 2day, and see if it works

jaggadakku

School Cricketer
i got it to install on xp following the instructuionsof moving the files of the net2 to net 1 but now it will not run and gives me some kind of memory error.
i would appreciate it if someone could help
from the U.S
:throw: upset about it

stormer2k

School Cricketer
it 100% works!

Download the software.exe patch and run it...

Thanks BLC_WinXP_AAAAGGGHH !!! :D

nishantjbhajaria

School Cricketer
Hi I saved all the files from the CD to my hard drive and everything went smoothly. Then I had the window where I had the option to run the game. I made the appropriate selection. However, it then gave me a window where the option "Software" is to be clicked to make it run. However, when I click software, the game does not launch. In fact, I go back to the previous window.

What am I doing wrong?

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
Hi, I know this is very old. But I am having the same problem. I have done as you said, thanks. But now the error is something else, at 92% it comes:

ComponentMoveData had the follwing error:
Media name: Data
Component: Texture
File Group: Texture
File: C:\BLC\Program\Nets\yoda4.pal
Error Number: -113

The BLC folder in C is the one I made myself..
Please help me I need quick help, I am very frustrated, I have tried to delete and remove the yoda4.pal file, but it still comes the same error! :(

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I have just installed the game, got it to run on the sold out disk only when i played the game all the graphics were white and corrupt. Avoid this piece of crap like the plague. Back to cricket 2004 for me :drinks

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
You gotta choose which graphic setup you wan't...
But no one can help me? :( Man where is Ste :(? I need you :( :P heheheh

Users who are viewing this thread