BLIC 2007 video out

rubbergenius said:
Apologies for the forthcoming rant ;)

We're not trying to pull a fast one or get one over on anyone, and I'm not trying to pay "lip service" by visiting these forums - it's not some grand conspiracy!

"Tarting it up" actually means all the extras that should have been in the last game along with these all-new graphics, anims, AI, online play, tutorial modes, custom players section and a lot more under the bonnet to hopefully make a more realistic game.

Of course, you've made your mind up from a 45 second video with around 30 seconds of action in it, made four months before game launch. I'd say the only cynical one around here is you in that case, not us...
Give 'im 7.

Completely agree with your post RG, but we should expect fans to be pessimistic about this game based on the crap that has been dished out to us in the past decade. Hopefully BLIC 07 will be a pleasant surprise.

Alright, i realise this video was made a while back, ect, but it looks like an exact replica of 05. Please prove me wrong and make this better :D

It may be a mistake but it looked to me as though that the bails had not fallen of the stumps when the bowler tried to run out the batsman. Would it be a bug or was it just a "pretend" run out attempt by the bowler??

cnbd_novice said:
It may be a mistake but it looked to me as though that the bails had not fallen of the stumps when the bowler tried to run out the batsman. Would it be a bug or was it just a "pretend" run out attempt by the bowler??

Doesn't look like he gets anywhere near the stumps to me, plus the bowler doesn't appeal.

Thanks for that high res Vid Ste, the one I saw was way too pixelated.

cnbd_novice said:

I think he was faking to take the stumps off just like a keeper fakes to take of the stumps.

For some reason I fear the batting difficulty of Brian Lara 2007 will be the same as Brian Lara 2005. Here are some of the score we can see in the short trailer for the upcoming game:

Last edited:
cnbd_novice said:

yeah it was a pretend he didn't accually hit the stumps, they do do that in cricket.

Maybe i'm easily pleased, or just a die hard BLIC fan, but I liked the video and I will definitely be buying it when it's released. :)

Thanks for posting.

i have to stick with ea even though we have to patch it up before we play it...but why were there whole bunch of empty seats between aus vs wi? surely there would'nt be so manny empty seats in a world cup match between those two teams....

If you put out a video which basically shows the same elements as '05 game, it's only fair people criticise it. The video barely shows anything of the promised features so why shouldn't people doubt the game's quality.

It's kinda redundant to release an early version video which doesn't highlight the improvements in the game.

One of the main things that worries me about this game so far is the tennis-ball bounce displayed again. It used to annoy the hell out of me that you could bowl a screamer seaming in from a good length, beating the batsmen all-ends-up, only to see the ball go about 6 inches over the stumps. Looking at the bit in the video where the guy gets hit in the nads, it seems the bounce is the same as 05.

Well guys i was pessimistic when i saw the video a while back, but since seeing the new screens i am quietly confident that the video is not a fair representation of the final game.

Kev said:
Well its a very low quality video clip (even though it says hi-res) so I dont think you can read too much into it.

Oh merged threads btw ;)

Haha you what? Is that another way of saying "Eeek, it looks just like BLIC! What do I say??"

Glad C07 has produced the goods

Langeveldt said:
Haha you what? Is that another way of saying "Eeek, it looks just like BLIC! What do I say??"

Glad C07 has produced the goods

No, it means the video was of low quality. You've forgotten that Kev is one of us lucky people to have seen the game in action. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread