BLIC Team Information Editor

Mentalist, that is great news. So that means I will have to find out who is opening batsmen, keeper etc and rename/edit to the required person. WoHOOOOOO!! Looking forward to an exibition game of Somerset v Essex XIs

ive finally got Naved-Ul-Hassan replaced as Fazl E Akbr.. when opening the TeamInfo.dat player number 115 was Fazl E Akbr but is now replaced with Naved-Ul-Hassan but when saving it to the default BLIC directory it still has Fazl E Akbr?

How do i go about changing that .. do i have to click on options and choose the directory where the PlayerAndTeamInfo.bag is? or do i save it to C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Brian Lara International Cricket 2005\Data\Gui ??

hope somebody can help me

It works by you editing the .dat file that you extract from PlayerAndTeamInfo.bag, then replacing it.
You can save the .dat anywhere. Just remember to replace it back into PlayerAndTeamInfo.bag. I'm currently working on you not having to do this. :cool:

this is the error i get::

the 1st pic shows the default Teaminfo.dat and ive managed to change Fazl E Akbr name to Naved-Ul-Hasan (Fazl was player number 115:)

teameditorrana.jpg

but the problem is this.. when i save the teaminfo.dat back into the PlayerAndTeamInfo.bag file it comes to this :

rananaved.jpg

any help would be appreciated :cheers

Last edited:
The problem is caused by the game profile being more important than the playerdata. i.e. it will always take the name from the game profile.
Everything else apart from the name will have changed so just use the ingame rename feature and it will work.

editor

why is it when i open the team/data file there are players there that don't appear in the game ie shane watson,michael kasprowicz and players that do appear in the game ie shane warne,michael katich cannot be found in the editor

where can i get step to step instructions on running mentalist's editor? i have the baggi studio and the face viewer! but i am clueless, please help!

It works by you editing the .dat file that you extract from PlayerAndTeamInfo.bag, then replacing it.

How do I put a .dat file back into the PlayerAndTeamInfo.bag??

Last edited:
beefy both said:
why is it when i open the team/data file there are players there that don't appear in the game ie shane watson,michael kasprowicz and players that do appear in the game ie shane warne,michael katich cannot be found in the editor

Could it be that there is more than one Australian XI included? i.e. ICC, World Cup, Test etc...
I found at least 5 when using lazy_chestnut's editor.

Users who are viewing this thread