Blocker's Ashes Thread

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great to hear these "Big effort needed from here" and "I'm getting battered!!"

Yep. An AI that will cause trouble is what we need. As long as they it playing properly... Must admit I was a bit of the architect of my own doubtful with a few bad shots. And bowled some dross. And fielded shite. Otherwise I was great ;)

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave hope I'm not gate-crashing your thread by asking about retro Ashes teams. If I remember correctly, you've mentioned being interested in playing with them in future - are there any you've got in mind in particular?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave hope I'm not gate-crashing your thread by asking about retro Ashes teams. If I remember correctly, you've mentioned being interested in playing with them in future - are there any you've got in mind in particular?

Mate it's never derailing to get me on to retro ;)

I am mad keen to get ashes squads of 80s and 90s together and play through them.

I'm hoping once the community gets their hands on the game we will have plenty of retro as with the other games.

I will make a few players myself. Never got to grips fully with the dbc17 creator but made loads in 14.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I am mad keen to get ashes squads of 80s and 90s together and play through them.

I'm hoping once the community gets their hands on the game we will have plenty of retro as with the other games.

I will make a few players myself. Never got to grips fully with the dbc17 creator but made loads in 14.
I might (only might) do some research on past Ashes squads etc while I wait for the game.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave / @wasteyouryouth

Glad to hear I'm not the only one interested in recreating some of the past series. I'm especially interested in 1981 and 2005 (for obvious reasons) but happy to help with creating as many as possible. Unfortunately, I'm horrendous at creating faces, although happy to give it a go if necessary. However, if you two are on board with creating these teams too and were willing to give faces a go, when I get the game (hopefully very shortly) I'd be more than happy to create the players/squads and upload them for you guys to have a mess about with the faces.

Rhone

International Cricketer

I'll make you a Graham Thorpe to dig you out of all those inevitable 90's batting collapses.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave / @wasteyouryouth

Glad to hear I'm not the only one interested in recreating some of the past series. I'm especially interested in 1981 and 2005 (for obvious reasons) but happy to help with creating as many as possible. Unfortunately, I'm horrendous at creating faces, although happy to give it a go if necessary. However, if you two are on board with creating these teams too and were willing to give faces a go, when I get the game (hopefully very shortly) I'd be more than happy to create the players/squads and upload them for you guys to have a mess about with the faces.

Yep. I made the 2005 squads for DBC14. Pity you can't import the dmc14/17 players, I'd have them nearly all done I think.

I'm particularly interested in the 90s ones personally, because I remember those thrashings all too painfully.

Might have a go at a player or two later... give me a break from the pounding I'm taking.[DOUBLEPOST=1510598039][/DOUBLEPOST]
I might (only might) do some research on past Ashes squads etc while I wait for the game.

Is a promise to do the retro logos?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

i already started some work on that project you, me and @SnowyCasanova were talking about

Users who are viewing this thread