Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Whole game about the money

Whats being cocky about it? India have done extremely well back home in India, and I am cocky about it. If England or Australia can be cocky about playing in their own backyard and beating visiting teams, why not me? Its become a fashion to discredit India's performance in the subcontinent just because the pitches are good for batting. If they are so good for batting, why can't other teams bat as well as India? Why do other teams always lose to India in India? Then they blame the conditions. Well we can also blame the conditions for our losses in England and now Australia.

And I was replying to someone who said India is a minnow nation. And I dont take all this BS about not reacting to trolls. I will reply if I want to reply.

Ultimately the whole game is just partially about the interest of the team and more about the money involved:

WHO IS PLAYING THE GAME FOR WHAT PURPOSE:

1) Players are obviously playing cz a huge stake is involved.They do not care if IPL is just 4 days after the World cup.

2) BCCI is organizing back to back events cz they want to earn MORE than the players

3) Electronic media/news channels give more than enough air time to promote the IPL/Chamions league.But they start critisiizing the same league when India looses.All because they want the viewers to watch their news channel all the time.

4) Ravi and Gavaskar are reportedly paid by BCCI for taking in India's favour all the time irrespective of whatever is happeing on the field. The DRS incident with nasir hussain in england last summer is a prime example.Due to this, the analyst on neo cricket and other channels are also saying good things so that at some point, the BCCI appoints them as their agent on the international platfoam.

5) Most of the ODI matches in India are day/night in spite of the dew factor. But the organizers know that in order to make more money,they need the indian viewership from England,america,south africa etc to watch the game during prime time which will help fetch them maximum revenue from the adds and commercials.

On this good batting wicket, Australia are going to massacre us! I really feel like crying.... I dont want to stop supporting my Indian team, but this really reallyyyyy hurtsssss.....

Dam Siddle is going so well. Definitely looks like we need that rotation system in place as I have no idea who our best 3 quicks are.

Can Fletcher's contract be terminated in the middle? We are well set for 4-0 here and it would be his third consecutive whitewash if it happens (he led England to a 5-0 rout in Australia as his last assignment? Am I right). Fletcher is a DISASTER!!!

Vinay Kumar is not as good as Ashwin when it comes to batting, but he has improved a lot and has been playing some useful knocks down the order in FC cricket, hope he stays there and gets a few important runs for us.

Vinay Kumar is not as good as Ashwin when it comes to batting, but he has improved a lot and has been playing some useful knocks down the order in FC cricket, hope he stays there and gets a few important runs for us.

Mighty jinx!!!:D

However, he travelled to Australia with India beforehand during the test series. His first full series in charge was against his home country, South Africa in March?April 2008 which was drawn 1-1.
Source: Wikipedia

Yup he wasn't the coach, but his presence was enough. :D

Users who are viewing this thread