Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Absolutely pathetic from India once again, if they lose this one which they probably will I reckon they should drop Laxman and Dravid/Sehwag and bring in Rahane and Rohit for the next test.

No they won't. Dhoni will go back to the Sydney team by dropping Vinay Kumar for R Ashwin and retain everyone else.

I wish this is Dhoni and Fletcher's final series as captain and coach respectively. If you have two consecutive whitewashes, the people at the top (captain/coach) have to go. I would sack Dhoni from the test team immediately, and give Parthiv or Saha his place and make Gambhir the captain.

I would sack Dhoni from the test team immediately, and give Parthiv or Saha his place
Either Parthiv or Dinesh Karthik. Saha sucks!

----------

And it has been a boring day thus far, hopefully Warner will provide some entertainment.

I wish this is Dhoni and Fletcher's final series as captain and coach respectively.

Yep, I'm with you here. If India lose this series 4-0, it's a 13-1 losing record in Australia for Fletcher! (4-1 loss with England in 2003, 5-0 in 2007, now 4-0 in 2011-12)

If it makes you feel any better, Tamil Nadu are all but through to the Ranji final! ;)

Yep, I'm with you here. If India lose this series 4-0, it's a 13-1 losing record in Australia for Fletcher! (4-1 loss with England in 2003, 5-0 in 2007, now 4-0 in 2011-12)

If it makes you feel any better, Tamil Nadu are all but through to the Ranji final! ;)

Who cares about Ranji cricket? All they do there is have breakfast, lunch and tea on the wicket and then when they come out of India, they start pissing in fear on the wicket.

Isant Sharma vs David Warner: Head to head. David v Goliath?

Who's David and who's Goliath?

Warner plonks his front foot out and lofts Vinay for a six. This is against the new ball and that too at Perth! Sums up the shockingly horrible spot that India have put themselves into and the blame goes mostly to the captain. Australia are scoring at 6 runs an over right now. A 350+ lead is on. If Dhoni isn't sacked from the test team after this series, its pointless watching Indian cricket.

Ishant could do with keeping it to himself, you look like a bit of an idiot when you start chirping when you're getting hammered. Also is Vinay Kumar the selectors son or something? How the hell does he keep getting selected, he never does anything. Does anyone know when Aaron will be back? Hopefully soon for Indias sake.

Playing Vinay Kumar ahead of Mithun doesn't sound good to me. Mithun is a more faster bowler and for a pitch like this, I felt he would have been a better option. Dhoni is giving Kohli a longer rope and Kohli better make full use of the opportunity. I wish Dhoni re-jigs
the batting order a little bit and sends Kohli ahead of Laxman or even Tendulkar.

Mithun is not good enough to be in the squad, don't know how he gets selected again and again:facepalm Vinay Kumar has performed really well in domestic matches and did well in the emerging players tournament, he deserves to be in the team, and I don't think we should pick Mithun just because he bowls a few yards quicker, this is a very wrong mindset, even the selectors have been giving easy opportunities to the bowlers who can bowl quicker, our strength has always been our spinners and swing bowlers and we should stick with it, we should select a fast bowler only if he is really ready and good enough for international cricket, and not on the basis of his bowling speed. Praveen Kumar was our slowest pace bowler in England, but still he was our most successful bowler there.

How awesome would it have been for test cricket had this present Aussie side played host to the Ashes winning England side? Where were Hilfenhaus and Ponting then?

Users who are viewing this thread