Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

I'm falling in love a little with a declaration midway through the second session, just after Sehwag has finished bowling a long spell in the heat of the day and a couple of hours earlier than the Indians are expecting...

vader.jpg

----------

4th highest partnership ever for Australia, and highest not involving Bradman :clap

It's all about the 3rd and 4th innings at Adelaide. If you get an advantage after the 2nd, so be it, but it's more about keeping your steel throughout. The pitch does muck about late in the game and it does get very winnable, but your team has to grind its way into that position.

----------

I hate how they start playing properly only because the batsman is on 199. You know, block off the easy singles, make him take a risk for one more run; it shouldn't just be for the milestones, it should be modus operandi.

Superb piece of fielding by Gambhir to get Hussey out. We need such flashes of brilliance to wake us up from the deep slumber. COME ON INDIA!!!!

Edit: Oh yeah Sachin!!!! Great catch to get Ponting. India might be onto something here in the 2nd session. 3 wkts in the session! If we can get them all out before 575, still would be in with a chance in this game.

Last edited:
Are you an Aussie cricketer and out of form?
Play against India and pick up your form. :p

Not only Aussie cricketer, for that matter any cricketer in the world or any team can bounce back against this weak and spineless piece. Waiting for a Haddin ton now.
I expect a SrL-Aus final in the CB series.For sure, this tour will be similar to 1999-2000.

If we can get them all out before 575, still would be in with a chance in this game.

Yeah, with 3 days to bat more-and perhaps no chance of seeing the Aussies bat again, we are definitely in with a great chance to win the test by a thumping margin.

Just giving India some consolation wickets since this will be their last chance in the test series.

Well looks like even 550 might not be on. Come on India, we need this kind of fightback. Something for us dis-spirited Indian fans to cheer about.

----------

Yeah, with 3 days to bat more-and perhaps no chance of seeing the Aussies bat again, we are definitely in with a great chance to win the test by a thumping margin.

Remember Adelaide 2003-04? Now dont say we dont have Ajit Agarkar. I am clinging onto some tiny hope and chunks of history to find solace.

Remember Adelaide 2003-04? Now dont say we dont have Ajit Agarkar. I am clinging onto some tiny hope and chunks of history to find solace.

Ahhh, tough to not to say that since I desperately want him back in the team :D

Agree wtih your logic and pieces of history Sai, but the fact is that during 2003-04,Adelaide was the 2nd Test we played. The first one at the Gabba was neatly drawn where we did come out on tops after being reduced to 80/4. Ganguly did score that brilliant 144 there.

Here, we have lost 7 on a trot. Our batsmen are woefully out of form. It is very very very tough for us to make an impact here. Maybe, it is the impact of losing 7 that plays not only on my mind but also on the minds of our players.

India's bowlers once again putting their hands up and being the only ones to reach triple figures this series :clap

Might as well let Harris get a 50, about time he got one in Test given all the talk about him as an all rounder.

Bit sad about the declaration but strong position nonetheless, Hads' and Harris did what they were told - get to 600.

Users who are viewing this thread