Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Siddle the tweaking champion takes a ripper of a catch off his own bowling to send Sehwag packing :clap

----------

Perfect yorker too

Just when luck had to go our way, it goes the other way. Sehwag would have smashed that delivery 9 times out of 10 through midwicket or mid-on disastrously opens his bat up and finds Siddle taking a blinder off his own bowling. He had started very positively. Damn, I switched on the game to see him bat and yet again disappointed. Hope Dravid keeps the positivity going. Probably the penultimate (or even final) time might see him bat in international cricket.

Edit: Was just about to post that he was to going to get bowled again between bat and pad and THEREEEEEE HE fried chickenINGGGGGG BLOOOODDDDDDYYYY GOESS!!!! Get out soon Dravid. You are making a mess of yourself. Announce it damn soon please!!!!

Probably a 70 odd before panic attacks start creeping in. Its hopelessly panning out the same way.

I hope so. I honestly don't want to see him get it in this series after what's happened in the first 3 matches.

Dravid's been poor and I think he'll be the first to admit it but apart from Sachin, who hasn't? Is there anyone who can actually walk with their heads held high (relatively speaking)? I don't think even Sachin can because he never continued once he made those starts. Umesh Yadav has been the only talking point for India on this tour. If someone can come in and do a better job than Dravid, I'm all for it, but I think it's just been a poor series. That's not a fan speaking, just a common observer. I don't think age could have caught up with him so quickly that he goes from being our best batsman in 2011 to someone who should be dropped or forced to retire just a month into 2012. If he decides not to retire at the end of this match then perhaps he could consider a move down the order like Ponting has done.

Going into the next test series I would drop Sehwag. Gambhir has shown signs of improvement in his last few innings and I would be willing to persist with him but his performances have been very poor for a while now, even excluding this series. However, I'm not sure who I would bring in as an opener. Rahane didn't exactly put his hands up in the tour games, Mukund needs to prove that he has worked on his technical deficiencies exposed in England and Vijay just isn't test material. Laxman has to go and I think it's time to reassess Dhoni's captaincy and his place as a wicket-keeper batsman.

Perhaps it's also time to start looking at Jadeja as an option. I think it's an option that's worth exploring because it gives us the option of playing 2 spinners and 3 fast bowlers at all times. It balances the attack. The other option would be to play Irfan in that same position with 2 regular spinners. However, I'm not sure Irfan's batting is good enough to warrant a position in the top 7.

Last edited:
Dravid should write a book about "The art of getting bowled". Currently, he is better than even Chris Martin at it. Also him being quite articulate and popular, I guess his book will sell very well.

Users who are viewing this thread