Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Laaaaaaaxmaaaaan. Brilliant bowling from Lyon against Laxman, had him in all sorts from the beginning.

I don't know why people are getting excited with Lyon. Yes, he is good but not good enough to get these Indian batsman out. I still don't think he is good enough to take wickets against this Indian batting line up. It will be a surprise to me if he even gets 1 or 2 wickets out of top 6.

Surprised? :p
Well in Lyon bowled well today.

Laaaaaaaxmaaaaan. Brilliant bowling from Lyon against Laxman, had him in all sorts from the beginning.

Yeah much better from Lyon today. A bit of turn in the pitch and a bit more accuracy and whooshka he can actually threaten some batsmen.

And rant of the morning, but the Nine crew seems particularly biased this morning. Piling onto India from anything from captaincy to their fielding practice, to being too old blah blah and plenty of praise oozing out for Australia - too much IMHO.

Michael Clarke's captaincy in particular is being put WAY up on a pedestal today. I noted with interest last night that Clarke only had one slip (and it was a 2nd slip) in the last couple of overs of the day, when Nine had criticised Sehwag hard for using that tactic. No mention of Clarke's failings though... And today, I thought the call of bringing on Hussey 20 mins before lunch was not great, but the mistake was doubled when Laxman got out. Siddle really needed to come in for a couple of overs vs the new batsman Saha. I'm a big Clarke fan, but I wish they wouldn't pretend his captaincy is perfect. They also praised the way he's 'brought on Lyon at the right times'. From where I'm sitting, Clarke's bought Lyon on whenever Hilfenhaus has finished his spell - there's nothing magical about the timing at all...

Kohil starting to look more comfortable in Test cricket, given he is fast moving up to be India's best batsmen at present time, he needs to move up the order given how fragile the tail is. Luckily this match Saha looks like he knows what he is doing.

Kohli is the only Indian to score 2 fifties this series? Sachin has had two fifties, one in MCG and one in Sydney. Wrong stat given by Star Cricket (or was it Channel Nine)?

Saha looks a lot lot better than MSD, for test cricket. The boy has the technique required to play challenging test cricket. Time to build him in, I say

Surprised? :p
Well in Lyon bowled well today.

Yes, he bowled well but that was a poor shot by Laxman.

And please no more Laxman. Get Rohit Sharma in the team.

Oh that's a biggy by Saha. Guy is looking pretty decent.

Fortunately missed the first session today due to class. But what in the hell was Tendulkar and Gambhir and the entire team thinking today when they batted that first session? You are 3-0 down and have lost the series. The pitch is a batting beauty and even Sehwag started off very positively which showed that the pitch didnt have any demons. And yet, Sachin and Gambhir were batting as if someone had placed a bet with them asking them to score as less runs as possible. Sachin should have come out and blasted his way, yet he continues his frustrating defensive game. I feel Sachin cant get better than this.

Kohli and Saha are on a roll now. Hope this continues for sometime. Some fun watching this after a horrid series.

Kohil going into ODI mode here, this is why he is such a handy player once he gets in.

I think he is getting a little over aggressive. Still he is batting pretty well along with Saha.

This is why you need young players in the team and look out for future. If Laxman is not performing, bring in Sharma. For experience, Sachin and Dravid is there. Even though I would still prefer Pujara over Dravid and Sachin as the experience guy.

Users who are viewing this thread