Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

It was great to get to the game this morning and see the Aussies win this great match and series. The free entry to the ground today was the right thing to do and if there wasn't free entry there would have been half the amount of people. Good on Lyon taking 4 wickets in that innings in front of his home crowd and it was fitting for all 4 bowlers taking a wicket.

And Clarke for man of the series; well it was out of him or Ponting. But I think it should have gone to one of the bowlers, either Hilfy or Siddle. The bowlers together were the ones who won the matches, even on flat wickets like Adelaide they still took wickets that India couldn't.

128898453169819677.jpg

Another Clean Sweep They Are World Champions Joke Of This Century

Congrats to the Australian team:thumbs They were way better than the Indian team throughout the series.

Oh yeah..we were the World Champions in Test Tournament. I remember how we won all the Test matches in that tournament comfortably but it's shocking how the World Champions champions are perfor...oh wait..What?

Anyways Indian TEST team seriously need some bold decisions. Looking how Kohli came out good, selectors should be looking to try some more young legs. I am not sure about trio out of form, looks like their age is affecting them. Now we lost another whitewashed series and their is no excuse this time. It will be foolish to put all blame on Coach but after the new coach we have played 8 overseas Tests and lost all of them. Man, Indian team really need some good boost from now.

Big 3 should retire imediately for the sack of their team. An advice to Tendu, play IPL and give himself a chance to complete 100th 100.

Some stats that anyone might be interested in:

Ponting's last 10 Tests as captain - 504 runs, 28 average.
Since losing the captaincy - 837 runs, 52.31 average.

Bowlers won us the series hands down, absolutely amazing bowling and so good to see it after the recent period we've had. Just masterful bowling plans executed brilliantly. We're looking like a proper test team again.

Whole series is over for me, they can bring their IPL newbies to play some silly cricket now, job well done!

Also, Haddin just needs to gtfo, retire early or something.

Well done Australian Team, They proved that they still have that chirsma, passion and eagerness to win.

For Tendulkar's century,, Seriously India should organize a test series against bangladesh in home ground, in order to accomplish that milestone

Ok shut up. Like seriously I am fed with this stupid guy. I have never seen him close to any thread when India is actually doing well but as soon as India goes through a bad phase this ****er jumps from nowhere. GTFO. Sorry dude if it has offended you but seriously you need to grow up.

Big 3 should retire imediately for the sack of their team. An advice to Tendu, play IPL and give himself a chance to complete 100th 100.

Oh yeh, don't you know he already has a ton in IPL? sorry but your advice is not needed.

Well done Australian Team, They proved that they still have that chirsma, passion and eagerness to win.

For Tendulkar's century,, Seriously India should organize a test series against bangladesh in home ground, in order to accomplish that milestone

Seriously, in India except media, nobody cares about Sachin's 100"th tone. Because there is nothing special in the record book about 100th tone. But it is a great achievement as nobody in history has done it before and he is really close to achieving that mark. And don't you see, he is getting runs against everybody? He is getting that 70 or 80 odd but he just just can't get past that 100 afterwards. It's not like he hasn't performed. He has performed, but he is just not getting to that 100th mark.

Embarrassing defeat for India :( .

India have not lost 8 matches in a row,overseas,since 1959 . Jus goes to show the nadir India have hit. Hope they redeem themselves in ODI series.

Congratulations to Australia on a fantastic series win.

:thumbs:clap

Players in danger of being booted out :

Laxman,Sehawag,Gambhir and , yes, I say this with a bit of reluctance , Dhoni .

Laxman's batting looks ragged and clueless.

Lack of opening partnership has been the main reason for India's failure. But nobody seems to want to talk about that. Instead the three senior guys are being targeted . :facepalm

Sehwag :facepalm:facepalm

Now there is a talk of him getting in the middle order and shuffling out Laxman.What BS.

He should be dropped along with Laxman . Bring in Rahane/Pujara/Sharma/Badrinath.

Ishant Sharma has played 40 odd tests but he continues to bowl too short or too full . 4 years is a very very long time and if you do not understand the mistakes you are making then either somethng is wrong with the bowler or with the support staff . Because he bowls too short,even if the ball does something his chances of getting a nick or hitting the stumps are drastically reduced. And Ishant Sharma calls this Luck. Ridiculous . :lol:lol

Dravid is really struggling . I am still learning to play good cricket but from what I have seen and listened to and understood there seems to be technical problem . As sourav has said his bat seems to be coming from am arc, wider than usual, also it seems to be bit away from the body , his front foot is going a bit more parallel to the crease and he is bending a bit more . IMHO , that front foot of his making his bat go a bit wider and is causing the problem . If he becomes a bit more open ,i.e. if his front foot toe is pointing a bit more mid-offish and a bit less extra-coverish it might help. Of course , I could be wrong, after all I am just a rookie :D

Sachin :D

He does not read newspapers/magazines. Does he read views on internet. I do not think so . Else he would have understood his problem by now . Duncan fletcher is not a reliable source to get feedback from . The way he clamps at critical phases of play and makes ordinary bowlers look great is amazing . When Lyon scalped Sachin,Ravi Shastri screamed angrily,"Lyon was allowed to bowl" . Very true . I guess Sachin thinks he can easily control the game(pace the innings as they call it) and he can,but sometime he takes things too far and once you get into a hole you dug for yourself, it is a bit difficult to escape the consequences. He is not playing the ball on the merit.He is either attacking too much or defending too much. He is getting on the field with a predetermined mindset/gameplan/strategy . When you start defending even ordinary balls from ordinary bowlers they start thinking they are bowling great and when that happens to a any bowler it is always dangerous for a batsmen. Quite amusing Sachin does not understand this simple thing .

Rahane
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Sharma/Pujara/Badrinath
Kohli
Dhoni(doubtful Saha is also good)
Zak
Ashwin/Ojha
Sharma/Varun
Yadav.

it is the time for india to make some decision and some strong one as well.you could have this is not the right time to press the panic button but 8 straight loses i mean if not now then when?

Some stats that anyone might be interested in:

Ponting's last 10 Tests as captain - 504 runs, 28 average.
Since losing the captaincy - 837 runs, 52.31 average.

Prior to this series it was 293 runs @ 26.23

Not sure if its his revival or just Indian bowling :p

Users who are viewing this thread