Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Indian bowling line up looks good. Definitely not pedestrian, which is what the fear was. Zaheer bowled well in his first spell without much luck, beat the bat numerous times. His pace is his usual stuff in the low 130s. He makes up for it with guile and by keeping things tight.

Ishant and Yadav both look fit, bowling consistently in the 140s. There was some promising turn and bounce in Ashwin's solitary over. Not bad...

just waked up and saw ricky smashing few fours.. :facepalm

Last edited:
Well yeah, he's clean shaven. It's weird.

And he's got a cool combover/hair part thing going plus the beginnings of a mullet. He's super stylish...:p

[/COLOR]A familiar sight. Ishant cutting the punter into half with a ball short of length coming back in sharply.

I swear if the Channel Nine commentators mention how good Ishant was last tour again I'm going to break something/someone...Yes we know channel nine, he bowled a great spell at Ponting. Shame about most of the rest of the series - but who cares about that huh? I swear they've brought it up every Ishant over thus far...

All hail Ed Cowan too - someone who actually leaves the ball - WOOHHOOO!!

Go on Punter 40 not out and going for it.

Zaheer setting Cowan up for the one that nips back in.

----------

Hahaha. Almost got him there.

It was interesting to see Ishant v Ponting at the initial stages, but not so interesting now. C'mon Ishant, get him!:thumbs

Yadav has a nice bouncer and Khan trying things with the ball makes it look like a fairly good pace trio.

Pretty similar to how Ponting used to get out to Ishant. Anyway, Whats up with all these youngsters having dream runs. Fast bowling has suddenly rejuvenated in latter half of 2011. Pattinson, Cummins, Yadav, Philander :clap

yadav gets ponting.. i told before series started he can swing the ball with 145+ speed. BTW Ishant was also bowling fast and accurate.

Yadav has gone for runs, but has been super impressive with the wickets he has picked. Hope he keeps it going for India. Zaheer has looked off and on here, while Ishant has bowled without much luck. Hope the final session brings him that luck, and helps India eat into more Australian wickets, and aim to bowl them out for 300 or below.

Users who are viewing this thread