Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

India's true motives for no DRS seem to be coming out finally.

why Star Cricket is not showing snicko of Cowan Dismissal ? is it shown in Channel 9

-------------------------------------------------

i did heard the nick in real-time reply but only snicko can confirm it.

Last edited:
Surprised at how angry the Hussey/Cowan dismissals have made me. It used to be part of the game, but now there's a better way it almost feels like cheating. How can anyone point to the Hussey dismissal and claim that he should be out because Hawkeye isn't 100% perfect? What relevance does that have?

Surprised at how angry the Hussey/Cowan dismissals have made me. It used to be part of the game, but now there's a better way it almost feels like cheating. How can anyone point to the Hussey dismissal and claim that he should be out because Hawkeye isn't 100% perfect? What relevance does that have?

I guess you missed the 2008 series completely then. Indians were robbed in daylight there. Feels bad doesnt it when it happens to you.:p

----------

Anyway you got one howler in your favor. Haddin survived a plumb lbw :facepalm

I still don't understand why we can't have just a simple replay as DRS. Leave all the other technological crap aside, a simple slow-mo replay to the 3rd umpire can remove a tons of howlers.

Siddle and haddin have added 54 Runs together... Good Comeback by australia and defensive cricket from india.

AngryPixel said:
I guess you missed the 2008 series completely then. Indians were robbed in daylight there. Feels bad doesnt it when it happens to you.:p

I don't know why Indians keep bringing up 2008. Both sides behaved disgracefully, and it dealt a real body blow to the popularity of cricket. Bit ghoulish, IMO.

I still don't understand why we can't have just a simple replay as DRS. Leave all the other technological crap aside, a simple slow-mo replay to the 3rd umpire can remove a tons of howlers.

My sentiments exactly, leave the gimmicks and untrustworthy out and just give the umpires a chance to look at the replays before making a final decision.

Bear in mind they have ONE look at it at NORMAL SPEED, if they could see it several times then they can look at various aspects much more closely like (for LBWs) line, where it pitched, where it hit, position of the leg in relation to the stumps, if there is hint of an edge etc.

Problem is people don't trust the naked eye and jump 99 steps forward in trying to make decisions for the naked eye by sounds and heat. Why? If the umpire can't see an edge after replays the chances are only those wishing to will so ban the gimmicks and let replays be the sole arbitor.

Of course the problem with the "both sides having to agree to use DRS" is that it means cricket is played under differing conditions, some series have it and some don't, which is worse than BCCI throwing toys out of their pram over their 'issues' with it. It prevents the possibility of a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, what if one series were to swing and be decided because errors were more or less zero, while another series were swung and decided because errors were rife..............................? :noway

All or not at all. I can't believe football is bringing in goal line technology which is needed for every one thousandth decision, and not for the five or six per game that decide a lot of games :rolleyes:facepalm:noway

I don't know why Indians keep bringing up 2008. Both sides behaved disgracefully, and it dealt a real body blow to the popularity of cricket. Bit ghoulish, IMO.

I'm not talking about what happened between bhajji/Symmo. I'm talking about Ponting claiming the grassed catch of ganguly and howlers by Bucknor. Thats where Indians got mugged. Can you really defend punter's catch?
At least today's decisions were not as bad as these. At that time you would have said, these things happen in cricket deal with it. Now you are getting angry just coz you are at the wrong end of the stick

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not talking about what happened between bhajji/Symmo. I'm talking about Ponting claiming the grassed catch of ganguly and howlers by Bucknor. Thats where Indians got mugged. Can you really defend punter's catch?

It's laughable because in the ashes I remember Peiterson or some other english player caught a ground ball and was adamant he caught it. No one called him a cheat. Perhaps he really did think he caught it?

Surprised at how angry the Hussey/Cowan dismissals have made me.

I expect that it's giving trust to the umpires that they can make the right decision and all, but the game has progressed and technology has ultimately been good for it so it's just ridiculous, if the ICC want DRS, every team should have it.

Even steven on Day 1. Could have been wayyyyyy better for the Aussies though.

BCCI 2-0 Australia/ICC

Users who are viewing this thread