Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

The most recent couple of pages of DRS related discussion has been moved here - the last DRS thread I could find:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/drs-no-more-mandatory-76322.html

Let's chat about the match as much as possible in this one.

----------

So I'll get the ball rolling :D

I enjoyed watching the Indian bowling yesterday, I thought they did pretty well. A poor patch after lunch, but every bowler bowled at least one good spell, and if they can be a bit more consistently threatening this will be a tough series for the Aus batsmen.

The pre match interviews in the Aus dressing room showed a big sign that said 'First 20 balls' and it was funny to see how each batsmen went about their first 20 balls, particularly Warner vs Cowan. Warner left his first ball in the 5th over, after he'd been beating 4-5 times by Zaheer Khan outside off. Contrast with Cowan who had left half a dozen by then. I like having an aggressive opener, but I don't like having a reckless one and Warner is walking a fine line.

Having said that, Australia's big problem doesn't seem to be in the first 20 balls, it's between 30-80 runs, after a batsman is in. Concentration seems to be a big issue and perhaps lack of practise of building long innings can be blamed. Also knowing when to back off a bit. Clarke and Ponting in particular should have recognised that Zaheer and Yadav respectively were doing some good things and been a bit more prudent with their shot making.

Warner should hopefully improve with experience, he has barely played 10 FC matches but has already scored a century. Cowan was a refreshing change at the top, he certainly opened up against the spin. Looked slightly suspect but his quick eye meant he adjusted on a few occasions.

Haddin for once played a patient innings, too bad it took him this long to register. You would have thought the 47 all out was enough but he was still slashing at a wide one in the Hobart loss.

Well, India should wrap up Australia for as cheap score as possible. If Sehwag is able to survive the early jitters then I am sure he will make it count

Posted via Mobile Device

It was a good delivery from Zak

Good to see Zaheer back and playing. Him and Steyn make bowling worth watching.

This is the Zaheer I wanted to see. Beautiful spell from him and Yadav, too

Well, its just matter of 2 deliveries but Hilfy hit that clean. Nice shot

20 runs partnership damaging :facepalm

----------

Well, Ishant has bowled brilliantly but has been unlucky and not threatening

Pattison and Hilfy has now faced 10 overs :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread