Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Good score 333 all out after being 214/6.Great effort from batsmen from no 8-11:thumbs

That's a good score for Australia, but I think India will be satisfied with their bowling. Having loss the toss at the MCG, and restricting the Aussies to 333 is a good job, and still gives India a good chance of winning the game. The bowling effort was good, all the bowlers tried hard unlike the shambles in England where they gave up after 20 overs in every innings.

Good to see Zaheer come back well. I'm concerned about his general fitness/age though. He looks like a wily old man bowling, I hope he is able to carry on for another 2 years. Ishant tried hard, but he needs to go around the wicket against Lefties. He's a much more effective bowler when he bowls to the right handers. Ashwin and Yadav were efficient.

Would be great if Sehwag gets going now. Let's hope (Indian fans at least!) so !

Well this 15 minutes before lunch will be crucial. Hope it is safely negotiated

----------

Well something stupid that struck my mind, Australia bowled out for 333 with Ashwin picking up 3 which means Ashwin now has the best figure in Australia in comparison with Harbhajan :p

----------

Successfully negotiated till lunch. Virender Sehwag was trying too hard and he needs to realize to hold on for some time :p but thats the way he plays the most OVERRATED player :D ;)

Wow 10 mins innings break and 10 mins play. Can they not go for lunch and come back instead of wasting time.

Having said that good start from India...

Seriously some rules need to be changed like those, 10 minutes break and then 10 minutes play and then 30 minutes break :facepalm

Instead they should be off for 30 min break straight away when near lunch as in this situation

Don't know about the ball but he was about to middle Pattinson there :p

Poor batting from Gambhir. Poor Poor Poor. Very disappointing to see him getting out this way.

Average stuff by Gambhir, he was all over the shop in this innings. Nice seeing Hilfy getting an early wicket, still needs to pitch it up though.

Hilfy is getting some nice seam movement. Where was he hiding? Didn't saw much of him this year. Was he injured or dropped?

Poor batting from Gambhir. Poor Poor Poor. Very disappointing to see him getting out this way.

Thats his bread and butter shot in India. He gets a lot of runs by guiding the ball to 3rd man but he shouldn't have tried it in Australia. Its really risky with the bounce you get on Aussie pitches.

----------

That might be the first actual edge of the game. Kudos to the umpires for seeing it.

Yeah sure :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread