Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

I think it's time to start looking at a few other options in place of Gambhir and Sehwag, especially outside of India.

Was thinking about this yesterday, but India might have a long term problem replacing the veterans because their younger players don't get exposed to grassy pitches enough. With the IPL, it's very difficult for Indians to play county cricket, and with 2/3rd of their matches in Asia (counting their own and tours of SL, Bang - UAE I guess) it's hard to get that international exposure to different conditions.

On the plus side for India though they will always produce a lot of talented kids and sometimes that talent will outweigh the problems that inexperience in seaming conditions might provide. It will be an interesting few years ahead anyway, once the big 3 retires.

yeah, pattinson has been amazing. australia have some great options, hilfenhaus too has blown me away in all honesty. never seen him bowl so well. please, please, please keep them away from the ODI team for a bit, bowling like a perfect test bowlers right now, they don't need to get into the habits of back of a length containing stuff especially with the world cup years away.

I like this. If you can separate your Test and limited overs attacks then I think it's a good plan. One reason is because if Siddle/Hilfy get spanked in ODIs/T20s, then their aura when they play Tests is lessened a bit. Another is the one you pointed out, they start practising skills that are crap for Test cricket eg. slower balls, back of a length balls that feed the cover sweeper. If Harris, Lee, Johnson, Bollinger, Hastings and McKay became your short form attack you could leave Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Cummins, Pattinson for Tests. It's worth a try I reckon.

But to me the bigger problem is the lack of form that Tendulkar is in.

:clap :clap :clap
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 early wickets and India will be back in the game.

Last edited:
If the first 2 overs are anything to go by then India are in for a long haul in the field. I just hope Dhoni isn't too defensive and is more pro active. Need Zak to be at his absolute best today.

----------

The ball doesn;t seem to be anything today.

I like this. If you can separate your Test and limited overs attacks then I think it's a good plan. One reason is because if Siddle/Hilfy get spanked in ODIs/T20s, then their aura when they play Tests is lessened a bit. Another is the one you pointed out, they start practising skills that are crap for Test cricket eg. slower balls, back of a length balls that feed the cover sweeper. If Harris, Lee, Johnson, Bollinger, Hastings and McKay became your short form attack you could leave Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Cummins, Pattinson for Tests. It's worth a try I reckon.

I agree, I don't think Siddle and Hilfenhaus would be picked for ODIs anyway, but maybe Pattinson. Australia are lucky enough that they can afford to do this and not be a weaker team, they really do have a great crop of fast bowlers atm.

I agree, I don't think Siddle and Hilfenhaus would be picked for ODIs anyway, but maybe Pattinson. Australia are lucky enough that they can afford to do this and not be a weaker team, they really do have a great crop of fast bowlers atm.

Will be interesting seeing how our new selectors go about picking our ODI/T20I side. Pattinson was in the ODI side and certainly didn't let anyone down however he's already a mainstay in the Test side and the ODI side has been a good breeding ground and McDermott, Starc and Faulkner have all performed well in the Ryobi cup this season so any one of them could be worth a shot.

This is going to get soooo ugly. 4-0 again ? Ridiculous captaincy too from Dhoni. Stupid fields set for Yadav and Zaheer...and Clarke is owning the Indians out there right now.

Last edited:
Great to see just need that top order to start firing so that we aren't depending on our middle order to average like Bradman.

Did anyone notice Clarke's plain bat?

Attitude. This is India's patented (piss poor) attitude folks, first seen last summer...IT'S BACK !

Last edited:
Beautiful way to bring up the 100, top stuff Pup. Now get off strike to avoid your hoodoo and give Punter a chance to get his 100.

Clarke you ripper! Now Ponting's turn!!

Users who are viewing this thread