Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Clarke is hitting the new ball like a football. I dont see too many wickets for us off the new ball as I expect Hussey to hang around in there for a good while.

So this is Dhonis brilliant plan? Give Kohli an 8 over spell at one end, I mean at least give Yadav a go might have a chance of taking a wicket.
Kholi bowling 8 overs of pies to a ring field with no slips...

:rolleyes

This is a batting carnage. Even the second new ball hasn't brought about enough returns. If India dont bat long enough in the 2nd innings and score 400+ at the minimum, they should as well return back from the tour. No use of sticking around there and letting Australia think as if their hey days have returned.

Clarke has scored more than India!

...and scored more than many other scores that Australia have posted in past few tests as well

If I were Clarke, I would declare tomorrow early morning with a lead of 300 (or tonight itself if the lead of 300 is achieved today itself). With this current Indian batting lineup's form, 300 is a mountain to climb. And leaving them with 3 days to bat and survive will really plant seeds of doubt in the minds of the Indian batsmen and they will inevitably self destruct by either going after the bowling or by playing ultra defensive cricket. It would be a check 'n mate.

This is an excellent Indian bowling side (the current state of the match notwithstanding), but if Australia can keep them in the field for another 3-5 sessions then it'll be at least a month before the quicks are fully fit again. In the meantime, our batsmen would be playing themselves back into form in Perth and Adelaide and inflicting permanent mental scarring on India's bright young prospects.

Alternatively, if Dhoni preserves his bowlers (as he is currently doing) then India could potentially save this Test and be in with a chance to level the series in Perth. Of course there's always a chance they could still win here at the SCG, but if the captain was willing to sacrifice that chance by bowling part-timers then IMO he'd be boosting his chances of winning (or levelling) the series.

----------

Haha... alternatively we could start playing for the Ashes of Indian cricket! (per cricinfo)

Please India don't make this England all over again, I really want to see a competitive series and can't go through another 2 matches of this. Maybe we should have been the ones playing the four match test series instead lol

Just quietly: making the commentators do stupid stuff (like wearing the pink suit) is probably the best use yet of Nine's voting app gimmick.

That's some great batting by Clarke. Also shows how ineffective India's bowling is when the batsmen get going. Another 4-0? I'm disappointed.

Pup goes past Tendulkar's highest score in tests as well. Well done.

Users who are viewing this thread