Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Historically you'd expect to see one triple century for every twelve double centuries, so the fact that someone has almost reached the triple from a sample size of just six doubles is actually pretty good!
Well put, I suppose. You're correct but it just doesn't seem that often.

The most recent one was Chris Gayle's 333 in Sri Lanka, November 2010. Although, there was nothing between Len Hutton's 364 in 1938 and Hanif Mohammad's 337 is 1958. D:

a draw is a chance if India can bat well, but i think they will get skittled for 190 again because they actually have no idea how to bat here, I have seen two India tours here and Dravid in particular has done nothing but embarrass himself.

I am also actually a bit pissed Ponting got a 100. I really just want him gone, coz in 3 months he will lose his form and go back to sucking again, he is 37 for crying out loud, move on.

Well, i can say that for the next two days, fielding will be much easier. Cooler temperatures and more cloud cover and some rain are forecasted.

So, who's bowling next?? :D

Bah that should really stop the 'we never start the first test of a tour on a high and always bounce back strong in the 2nd test' B.S from some of you...

Clarke's literally erased my misery of watching Liverpool suck yesterday. Wait, he was born in Liverpool (New South Wales) too. :D

formula1man said:
I am also actually a bit pissed Ponting got a 100. I really just want him gone, coz in 3 months he will lose his form and go back to sucking again, he is 37 for crying out loud, move on

:rolleyes You shouldn't be saying that... especially since he's the one who actually played India out of the game in the last match. Hey! He went out there and did it today as well.

Dhoni is an awful captain when the chips are down. The cool, calm demeanor is totally unsuitable for situations when the team is down. Secondly, his field placings were just awful. That is the number one reason we are in this situation. His support for Yadav was awful. (Note to self: I need some synonyms for awful)

See, unlike in England, I do think that this attack is good enough to take 20 wickets. Seriously, the bowling's not THAT bad ! Two reasons for this score are really poor captaincy, and a lack of fire from the team. They just gave up half way through the first session, which is something we've seen in England. This set of players needs some fire, someone like Ganguly to push em when you get into situations like this. We never saw this crappy attitude when Ganguly was the captain.

I think statistical analyses for batsmen are going to have to exclude Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and India.

Last edited:
Clarke just destroyed the Indian bowlers, he was making it look too easy, excellent batting display,
I really don't understand why Ishant is completely giving up his control and swing for pace,
he is bowling 140kmph+ regularly but isn't troubling the batsmen at all:facepalm
He bowled between 135 and 140 with good swing and control when he played his first series in Australia, he is bowling quicker now but its not helping, he looses his rhythm every now and then and is not able to get wickets.
But overall m still happy with the bowlers, they were trying their best unlike in England where they were lacking intensity.
Dhoni's captaincy was quite weird, didn't knew what he was trying to do with those field placements.

Posted via Mobile Device

It won't be important if Australia posts 600 or Indian bowlers fight hard or will Indian batsmen get a good start in second innings, tomorrow I guess people will be more interested in whether MJ Clarke gets to 300 or not.

I'm with Adarsh here. I may not find myself with much company here but I actually think this attack is good enough to take 20 wickets (unlike in England). Normally, I'm the last to criticize Dhoni's captaincy for everything he's done but yesterday was just atrocious. How can bowlers take wickets if you don't set wicket taking fields? They need some help when nothing is going for them in the air or off the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread