Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

I don't see Tendulkar scoring big in the second innings. If there is any person who can save this match for India it is is Dravid. Gambhir's innings will be important as well, he needs to score big for India to draw the test. A good start will be important in the second innings and if we don't get one then the match is easily gone from our hand.

although india have got a big batting line up but i h think its almost impossible for them to draw this one they surely need a miracle here

You have to cross all the limits of optimism if you think India can draw here and I am included in it.

M still hoping for a draw, don't know how many more runs Australia will score, but a draw is definitely possible.

My word India are poor. Clarke can score as many as he wants in this innings. Which is saying something, because he's a decent Test player, but not a great one, yet this India bowling attack are making him look better than Bradman.

although india have got a big batting line up but i h think its almost impossible for them to draw this one they surely need a miracle here

How many more innings do India need to fail to pass 400 before people stop referring to India's "big batting lineup?"

Just an honest question, because it's starting to look like a large amount of test matches in succession without scores to back up the apparently obvious talent?

because they have it.they have likes of laxman,sachin,dravid who are not performing to their potential otherwise batting for 2 days will not be as difficult as it is atm

because they have it.they have likes of laxman,sachin,dravid who are not performing to their potential otherwise batting for 2 days will not be as difficult as it is atm

Ok, I guess I'll rephrase my question.

At which point, after how many innings where India fail to reach 400 on a non docile pitch, will the 'it' you refer to be something they no longer 'have' but instead 'had?'

That's what I love about India. When the chips are down, you can guarantee they'll make a really good fist of it...

I'm going to make a bold call - Michael Clarke, 400.

It's not like the bowling attack will get him out, and he's got all day to go out and bat.

I can't help it. I'm a hopeless optimist.

Me too. No matter how worse position we are in, I just keep hoping that there is some positive light at the end of the tunnel. Hope we can still scrape through with a draw.

----------

Good old Kohil - clicky. Guess Indian fans won't need to worry about dropping him looks like he may get suspended.

That will be good news for many Indian fans. I know of quite a few who wanted Rohit Sharma to play. Now that might be a possibility. Kohli is one overacting idiot! God knows how many times he has used the 'M-f**ker" word or the 'sister-F***er" word (in Hindi) on the field. And he says he showed that finger because his mom and sister were abused in the crowd.

why does everyone want rohit all of a sudden? is it because chappell was bigging him up so much in commentary box in the first test?

I'm not saying he's not the right choice, especially since kohli has been rubbish so far, but why the sudden explosion for rohit? wasn't he NOHIT sharma last year?

Dhoni is an awful captain when the chips are down. The cool, calm demeanor is totally unsuitable for situations when the team is down. Secondly, his field placings were just awful. That is the number one reason we are in this situation. His support for Yadav was awful. (Note to self: I need some synonyms for awful)

See, unlike in England, I do think that this attack is good enough to take 20 wickets. Seriously, the bowling's not THAT bad ! Two reasons for this score are really poor captaincy, and a lack of fire from the team. They just gave up half way through the first session, which is something we've seen in England.

Yeah I thought the opening session was OK by India, defensible at least, but the 2nd session was just giving up completely - they were playing for the new ball when it was 20 overs away. And Dhoni has underbowled the quicks. Sehwag + Kohli has bowled more overs than Yadav this innings which is just ridiculous, they've only been out there for 4 sessions - that is an average innings length, so a young guy like Yadav shouldn't be tired. The other reason to bowl the quicks is that is slows the game down, giving Clarke and Ponting less balls per hour to score off. I think each of the fast men should have 5 more overs by now, basically the extra overs they should have been bowling after lunch when India went to sleep. Kohli came on at 3/250 with both batsmen just at 100, which is often a good time to pick up a wicket. While the next 25 overs of Kohli, Sehwag and Ashwin only went for only 75 runs, they let Ponting and Clarke resettle and never threatened them.

Clarke just destroyed the Indian bowlers, he was making it look too easy, excellent batting display,
I really don't understand why Ishant is completely giving up his control and swing for pace,
he is bowling 140kmph+ regularly but isn't troubling the batsmen at all:facepalm
He bowled between 135 and 140 with good swing and control when he played his first series in Australia, he is bowling quicker now but its not helping, he looses his rhythm every now and then and is not able to get wickets.
But overall m still happy with the bowlers, they were trying their best unlike in England where they were lacking intensity.
Dhoni's captaincy was quite weird, didn't knew what he was trying to do with those field placements.

I think Ishant has been OK. Channel Nine showed his pitch map late in the day, trying to point out that he bowled too many bad balls. But what it actually showed what that he'd been hit for a lot of boundaries off good length balls ie. driving on the up. That says to me that with a bit more luck and seam movement he'll get nicks. But I guess it also says he may not be getting enough of that movement. Either way, I don't think he should be too embarrassed. I think it was more good batting yesterday than bad bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread