Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

I hope Clarke gets greedy and goes for the 400 instead of declaring. Just keep batting until you're all out, Pup!

The only person that can draw for India is Tendulkar and Laxman. Especially Laxman, since he's always scored 100 in SCG and is known to be 2nd innings player.

Will be interesting to see if the pacemen are able to swing it for as long as they did in the first innings.

Will be interesting to see if the pacemen are able to swing it for as long as they did in the first innings.

Hopefully longer. 60 overs isn't very long ;)

----------

Nicholas just mentioned that Dhoni's captaincy is too passive. In that he waits for the batsmen to make a mistake instead of innovating.

Is this a residual effect of having captained so many games on slow pitches and ODI cricket? Or is this just bad captaincy? Is it Dhoni's job to come up with plans and settings, or is it the coaches job to create and Dhoni's to instigate? Basically, does Dhoni have the correct support network around him like Vaughan-Fletcher, Strauss-Flower, Dhoni-Kirsten, or even Fleming-Wright?

Zaheer in the low 120s this morning, with frequent use of a mid-teens slower ball. Yadav in the top half of the 130s, occasionally grazing 140. Wasn't looking at the speed gun when Ishant was on, but it looks like a day in the field has cost India around 10kmh of pace.

Sharma was in the 130's. Decent consistent line and length from him though.

Crazy to think this would be the first triple hundred in Australia. Certainly deserves it with how well he's batted.

Yeah, Sharma bowled well this morning - that's why I didn't notice the speeds! This Indian attack has excellent raw tools, and with good captaincy and coaching they'd absolutely thrive. No guarantees that'll ever happen with the Indian setup, but if it does then people will one day look back on Clarke's innings and think it was even better than it really was.

Good work, Huss! Absolutely chanceless.

Hussey joins the party.

This would be an ideal time for Brad Haddin to bat as he can get a double hundred as well.

Ridiculous that they're calling it a career saving innings for Hussey. First, they're meaningless fill-your-boots runs. I guarantee the Australian selectors don't value them very highly. Second, IIRC he was MOM in three consecutive Tests in Sri Lanka and our best bat during the Ashes. A bit of a stumble in two abbreviated, meaningless tours is neither here nor there.

averages flying all over the place.

ashwin started under 25, now over 30. yadav's jumped from 23 to 30 as well.

clarke started averaging 45 and he's now at 48 (another 80 runs for 49)

I have a feeling philander might end up with rather more than he started the test against sri lanka on too.

clarkes case is crazy, a good match after this and he'll have basically made the jump from a sort of good solid average to being in the world class range average.

Last edited:
How can something be rude and obscene if it finds its way to a national news paper with images :facepalm Almost every big newspaper has it on the first page. What is the big deal with saying it in words (that bowlers/batsman do) and sign

Kohli fined for finger salute

art-svKOHLI-420x0.jpg

Link from PC rss feed

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/story/548089.html

Hayden 380 was in Perth and Bob Cowper made one at the MCG.

Really would have been crazy then.

Commentator was obviously meant to say highest score in Sydney when he said Australia. Explains why it stuck in my head, it wasn't true haha

Users who are viewing this thread