Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Hilfy you ripper! Well deserved 5-fer, certainly made it tricky on who we drop and taken away any need to rush back Harris or Cummins.

Time for Ashwin to use the long handle and somehow get the lead down to 50.

This is a collapse of epic proportions.

Last edited:
Well played Ashwin and Ishant Sharma. Without them, we would have been starring at a far bigger lead than the 51 runs that we have given Australia right now. It was a known fact that Dhoni wont survive long against the new ball. Expected Kohli to play longer, but he disappointed. And Laxman is always a 2nd innings guy. Dravid continued with his shaky mood and brought it into Day 3 and paid the price for it.

If India dont pick quick wickets with the new ball, this match is a GONER!!! This thing reminds me of Trent Bridge 2011 where we gave up the test match after being in a dominant position. There, Zaheer was not available and our bowling was toothless. Here, our bowling looks in much better shape. Hope the results are different.

That was pure awesomeness. Indian batsmen are so overrated by their performances at home (refering to everyone except Dravid and Tendulkar).

Effectively 0/51, couldn't have dreamt that after the first day!

Thank God for that, cleaned up the tail pretty quickly. Great display of fast bowling this morning.

Over to the batsmen not all that confident in our lineup yet.

India won't recover from this.Its pretty much match over.

F-Wits BCCI. Ashwin was a goner wayy back...

see, I agree, but seeing as australia had already made 4 big appeals againt who's to say they would have had a challenge left? they thought they had dravid and sehwag caught behind and thought they had dravid lbw twice. all of those times the umpire was correct to give the batsman not out.

this is why i think DRS is too flawed and too in favour of the batsman as it is right now. if the umpire had got any of those wrong, then sehwag and dravid could have made confident appeals knowing they had not edged (or in the case of dravids LBW that he had) the fielding team never have this comfort.

India won't recover from this.Its pretty much match over.

It is not like Aus batting is great at the moment. A few wickets and we may be back in the game. One thing for sure is we are going to have some result.

Having said that it looks like two dravids are playing. I am going to fall asleep :D

India are still right in this. Add two quick wickets to the score and the complexion of the match would be very different.

Khan well and truly back to his best, masterclass spell of bowling. Warner very shaky and Cowan was almost out to Khan.

Users who are viewing this thread