IPL Bored of the IPL yet?

Are you bored of the IPL yet? Is it too long?

• I am getting bored and think it's too long

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • I'm still loving every second and think 2 rounds is perfect

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone gotten bored of the IPL yet? Do you think it's too long and should be only 1 round?

Personally i'm starting to lose interest. I likwe watching Twenty/20 but it's all packed in. I think it's better in smaller amounts.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Same as last year, start off well, try to follow it and lose interest because there are soooo many games in such a short space of time. Might watch the final this year though.

irottev

School Cricketer
I'll be interested in finals for sure. We're not even at the mid way stage yet, there's a whole another round. Plus a few of the big players will be leaving soon like Gayle and Pietersen which will leave a bit of a hole.

So much cricket packed in, becomes hard to follow. I think it's over-kill and needs shortening. Sadly it's powered by $$$

Last edited:

deerkick

Club Cricketer
I sort of agree. I watched all of the early games but I haven't even watched the last 4 or 5 games and have been following the highlights instead.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
I've been a tad more interested than last year, but I do get what you mean, it gets a bit monotomous at times, the stuff I've seen is good but I don't have Setanta, and I'm not bothered enough to go out of my way to watch it on a consistant basis, so I'm not a fair judge. I find it hard to relate to the franchises as well, all teams quite "samey", but I am getting into it a bit more than last year where it dragged on and lost sufficient interest.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its same as last year. The initial matches didnt give me too much interest. But now, I am starting to follow it more because the business end of the tournament sets in where the calculations for the semifinal spot comes into picture (RR and CSK have to fight for the semis spot now big time).

Yes, the games are overkill. But its once a year and so I feel its OK. They got to milk the money too.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Same as last year, I was watching it for the first few games but then lost interest. Not having many Aussie players to watch hasn't helped and neither has the timing.

Ari

International Cricketer
Started off following every game would even record the later games but I have lost basicly all interest now and will only watch the early game if they are on. It is to long and to compact right now they need to spread the games out more and have less of them.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
would have voted "YES, BORED", but the poll opened by YOU, so i am gona vote "NO, NOT BORED"

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
yeah.it's hard to enjoy it when you are a supporter of a non indian team.
i feel that the tournament is slightly long but,not bored of it at all!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am not having fun in this season 2, no home advantage, less crowds, 2 matches taking place on same venues. Horrible weather.

Users who are viewing this thread