Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no dramas boss, whenever you want a hand just give us a yell. ill try and send you that config file aswell
by Mwaugh

No probs mate!, take u'r time..., Thanks

Boss

I played on hard level without sams exe. On the hard level with sams exe I bowled the CPU out for 15.

I tried a one day and got pakistan all out for 90. Again they were rather weak against the spinners.They completely missed googlies/flippers and kumble knocked them over with great ease. Did get a big thrill from seeing a perfect leg spin ball knock inzis stumps again.He missed the line completely!
I did notice though that the modes of dismissal were very very varied. I got a caught and bowled, an edge of a slower delivery, bowled with a swinging yorker, bowled with a googly, lbw to a flipper and a few catches.

played on hard level without sams exe. On the hard level with sams exe I bowled the CPU out for 15.

I tried a one day and got pakistan all out for 90. Again they were rather weak against the spinners.They completely missed googlies/flippers and kumble knocked them over with great ease. Did get a big thrill from seeing a perfect leg spin ball knock inzis stumps again.He missed the line completely!
I did notice though that the modes of dismissal were very very varied. I got a caught and bowled, an edge of a slower delivery, bowled with a swinging yorker, bowled with a googly, lbw to a flipper and a few catches
by ashwinkm

thank u mate 4 u'r rev!, am working to make the cpu play better against spinners in CGPv3, btw Yes!, the mode of dismissals are more random now!, now u don't have to bore u'r wicket away!, there is one way or other...

Cheers

Boss

My 250th POST....Thank u All to make this far...

mate ur camera angle is superb soon release the full version, bye

cheers
by The Champ

Ya champ!, thanks 4 u'r app and intr!, just a week to go mate for CGPv3!, will bang on the thread...

(Tail: PLS Note this is my 250th POST, Member Since August'2001!(From BLC days- May be One of the, or even Lone Man from the DarkAge :D ) :eek: , I posted 140+ of those with in last 50 odd days, Really strange, isn't it?, am so lame over the past, But now i just turns the table around for the good.

Thanks to All of You for Supporting My Work, wish the same trend continues...)

Cheers :happy :happy :hpraise :hpraise :D

Boss

Last edited:
Review time

Ok....my reviews of 2RR

Hard Level, Normal Pitch
Scotland allout 96(20 odd overs)
New Zealand 97/2(15.2 overs)

Astle=44(43)
Fleming runout(shame....he was batting well)
Richardson runout(he had just hit a six!)
Sinclair=29(30 something balls)

Batting kind off easy, maybe because of the number of leg side deliveries which were easy to put away......pacing was great, but 5 wkts. to runouts(Scotland alone:mad), who knows what they would have gotten??
I had a stumping with Vettori(who got 3 wickets off 2.2 overs by the way) where C.White charged down to a legside pitched up delivery and tried to drive it through mid-on but missed.....
I also had two wickets in 3 overs from Franklin which turned the game my way.
They mixed aggresive shots with shots to fielders or blocks and leaves....pacing still remains superb.

Hard Level, Normal pitch
RSA 53/0(8 overs) :eek:

Whoa.....hard time today....everything wide was smashed along with a quite a few extras and edges going through. I might be able to pull off a comeback in the middle overs.

Your camera angle is excellent and only a few fixable flaws:
1.Straight drives seem to powerful.....could you make it so that the wider they are the slower they travel?
2.Th CPU attempts to run down anything short aimed at middle/middle and leg down to third man.
3.Spinners still dominate....work on this.

Keep up the good work. :)

Last edited:
game play file

hey boss i dont know how to send you the patch i downloaded off you. but the file name was c2k4cgpbeta.cfg. i dont know if that helps at all. if it doesnt i can send the file over email or msn. email is [email protected] feel free to add me mate. let me know.
cheers

Hi there Boss,

I completed the match with Queensland. I won scoring 132/6. Whenever, I tried to hit the ball out of the ground for sixes, I got out. This is good. After skipping over the other practise matches using the Fixture Editor, I am now playing the first test between Australia and India on a normal pitch. I am using the Hard Mode in your normal patch. I am batting first and have scored 213/5 after 60 overs. Run-rate wise not bad at all. But, I have lost 5 crucial wickets. Sachin is the only established batsman remaing. He is in the 60's. Dravid and Shewag also scored well. Till now, I am very happy with the way the patch has played.

Keep up the good work.

config file

hey boss here is the file hope it is what your after, let me know how you go...

BetaFix For Sam's EXE Demo!, DOWNLOAD NOW!!! 18.3.2005 8.40 p.m.

Hi Friends,

After a while, after tested extensively, here i come with BetaFix For Sam's Exe DEMO that will fix (mostly) the

1."Ball Going Through the Bat Problem"! :happy

2. Batting -Made a bit Easy!

Download From the Attachment!!! (Size Just 2.3 kb only!)

As this is a beta version- Only Test Matches/First Class Matches in HardMode is supported! :D , Rest will be in CGPv3 :cheers !

Sam's ExeDemo Bug Fix Beta

Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com
E-Mail : [email protected]
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4373&page=1

Intro:

This is a Beta fix patch for Sam's Exe Demo which ensures lot of innovative thinks in the game. But there is annoying main bug in that exe.

Bug-Fix:

The main Bug is : The Ball is going through the Bat, How annoying it was?, but no more!, Yes!, this patch ensures the ball is not going through the bat. Tested extensively!, Working well for me!. Test it your self to find out. I also made a tweak for batting that works realistically!.(but don't know how far!- coz am testing with my cgpv3!, here i attach only config file!, So u may have to wait till CGPv3!)

Bugs in Bug:

1. Though i'm tested it extensively still the bug may occur at times!.
2. More Edges!, play safely!
3. Some shots play early!
4. CPU Tends to select wrong shots at times!(like going for leg-glance when the ball pitches outside off stump!)

May be these bugs will be addressed in CGPv3!

Supported game Mode:

As this is a beta, This fix only supports "Test Matches / First Class Matches" on HARD Mode only. All Others will be incorporated with CGPv3!.

Installation:

Install the file "sambugfixboss.zip" by "Graphics Impoter v3 by Prakash" by using "Import as Zip" option. As simple as That!. But before that ensure you BACKUP your existing config file incase if you want to switch back.

Now What?:

After playing around a bit have your say at PlanetCricket forums!.(both Sam's exe patches thread on Main forum and CGP patches thread on Downloads Forum)

Regular Replies:
Your camera angle is excellent and only a few fixable flaws:
1.Straight drives seem to powerful.....could you make it so that the wider they are the slower they travel?
2.Th CPU attempts to run down anything short aimed at middle/middle and leg down to third man.
3.Spinners still dominate....work on this.

Keep up the good work.
by ZoraxDoom

Thank u mate for u'r good rev!, thats most like it!, I look on the flaws u mentioned and working on CGPv3 to make it correct!

Hi there Boss,

I completed the match with Queensland. I won scoring 132/6. Whenever, I tried to hit the ball out of the ground for sixes, I got out. This is good. After skipping over the other practise matches using the Fixture Editor, I am now playing the first test between Australia and India on a normal pitch. I am using the Hard Mode in your normal patch. I am batting first and have scored 213/5 after 60 overs. Run-rate wise not bad at all. But, I have lost 5 crucial wickets. Sachin is the only established batsman remaing. He is in the 60's. Dravid and Shewag also scored well. Till now, I am very happy with the way the patch has played.

Keep up the good work.
by msamina

Thank u msamina 4 u'r app and rev!, looking forward to more!

hey boss here is the file hope it is what your after, let me know how you go...
by Mwaugh

Friend!, i think u'r playing with the Beta Patch(cgpbeta)!,current version is:CGPv2RR! Get the Latest from the 1st page of this thread!, all details are there!, hope u'r blues will gone soon!, thanks!

Cheers :cheers

Boss

Thanks boss going to try it in my story thread well done

cheers
by The Champ

Thank you mate!, Remind that as this is Beta!, only supports HARD MODE-test/FC matches, More over only AI configs are tweaked!, All the other thinks will be made in CGPv3!, Looking forward to u'r thread!

Boss

Good work boss. But one thing, keep releasing an AI patch for people who do not use Sam's exe like me. I am waiting for the full version of Sam's exe and I am not using his exe_demo now

Well, I completed playing the first innings - both batting and bowling. I continued batting and ended up my innings 345 all out with Sachin scoring 128. I was very happy with the way the CPU bowled and 345 was a very decent score. But, then again as I had mentioned earlier I bowl better than I bat. I was able to bowl out Australia for just 107 with Justin Langer the only batsman to score very well, scoring 71 off 83 balls.

The CPU seems to struggle against spin bowlers and Kumble took 5 while Harbajan took 4 wickets.

I have attached the scorecard and bowling figures for your reference. I certainly believe that the CPU's batting against spin bowlers in test matches could certainly be improved.

But, overall it is a very good effort on your part.

Users who are viewing this thread