warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
With this resolved :clap,

can someone tell me the powerplay rules and power play over limits (like from which over to which over) for the limited over formats?:rolleyes

Thanks !!!

In a One Day match (i.e. 50 overs), the first 10 overs of an innings will be a mandatory powerplay. During the mandatory powerplay only two fielders are allowed outside the 30-yard circle. The second powerplay is a block of five overs at the discretion of the batsmen where a Max of 3 fielders can be outside the circle. The batting powerplay may not be completed later than the 40th over. Should the batting side choose not to exercise their discretion, their powerplay overs will automatically commence at the latest available point in the innings (e.g. in a 50 over innings, this will begin at the start of the 36th over). At all other times in a 50 over match, there are a maximum of 4 fielders outside the circle.

40 over matches are similar restrictions to 50 over matches but the initial power play is only 8 overs and the second power play (of only 4 overs) can be taken at any time in the rest of the innings so will be automatically activated at the start of the 37th over if not previously taken.

T20 has just one power play. From overs 1-6, Max two fielders outside the circle. After this, Max 5 fielders outside the circle.

Obviously T10 and Five5 matches do not exist in real life and I'm not 100% sure of the restrictions set up in game (my Xbox died and awaiting the ps4 release so I can't check) but I'd imagine it would be similar to T20 with a 3 over power play in T10 and a 1 or 2 over power play in Five5.

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Incase anyone is interested in seeing what choosing different angles of delivery before starting run up as a pacer looks like....well here it is:

8yju7yqu.jpg

Where do you find this screen during the game?

I can't find many statistics or roster info to peruse during a match.

But just being able to access this screen would be a great start...if it's obvious how to find it, please forgive me. I can't fire up the game right now to find it myself.

bl8000

Club Captain
Thanks for the info.

I was so glad to see it in there, I saw you could look back at previous overs. I got my first maiden last night and after the match ended I wanted to go take a look at it again.

:( nope. Can't look at any of it post match. I think everyone would like more post match stats.

I will scour the patch thread for the ask of this and will add it to the requests if its not listed.

bl8000

Club Captain
Does intimidation work in this game or am I imagining things?

I was the Zouks playing barbados and Shoaib Malik was batting well.

I bounced one short, right at him and added some zip with the RB button to flatten it out a little. It bounced up and caught him in the upper chest/neck area. He backed out and then I chose my next bowl. After 2 dot balls I noticed he wasn't the same (less aggression) after I hit him and I caught him out about 4 bowls later.

bl8000

Club Captain
Yet another thing I am investigating...

I swear when you bowl if you choose your delivery type and hold it, then speed change input LB/RB (or don't) then hit your RAS for jump and release timing, still holding delivery position...if as soon as you release with the up on RAS you then steer it with the LAS it seems to have an affect.

For example if I pick a straight delivery, I hold it at 12, then rotate the LAS from 12 to 9 after I release the ball and while it's on flight to the batter.

Last edited:

bl8000

Club Captain
In practice mode right now and I can't toss one full into the stumps like Woakes did last night to finally bowl out McCullum.

I am hitting Y and going early on the release to keep the ball "up" in flight.

It still always bounces.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
In practice mode right now and I can't toss one full into the stumps like Woakes did last night to finally bowl out McCullum.

I am hitting Y and going early on the release to keep the ball "up" in flight.

It still always bounces.
You can bowl full toss but at that height not possible...If there was then everyone would start using it as an exploit in online amongst other exploits....

outbreak

Club Captain
Yet another thing I am investigating...

I swear when you bowl if you choose your delivery type and hold it, then speed change input LB/RB (or don't) then hit your RAS for jump and release timing, still holding delivery position...if as soon as you release with the up on RAS you then steer it with the LAS it seems to have an affect.

For example if I pick a straight delivery, I hold it at 12, then rotate the LAS from 12 to 9 after I release the ball and while it's on flight to the batter.

pushing the right d-pad button will show the bowler and batsman current mood/fatigue/unsettledness etc. I believe if you hit them or get an edge it will lower their comfort. It will also say things like "precise" "cautious" "aggressive" for their current state of mind.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
pushing the right d-pad button will show the bowler and batsman current mood/fatigue/unsettledness etc. I believe if you hit them or get an edge it will lower their comfort. It will also say things like "precise" "cautious" "aggressive" for their current state of mind.

Precise, aggressive etc describe the type of batsman they are not their state of mind. It also determines their preferred shots.

bl8000

Club Captain
Thanks cooks, it would be amazing if it worked outbreaks way.

yet another question from me. When spinning, how do people start their LAS rotations?

I have tried both of these methods and one time each works, the next go not as much, repeat ad nauseum

Method 1 - select delivery then push LAS to 12 (up) and then start your rotations ending with the 3rd one at 12 timed with RAS 12

Method 2 - select delivery but leave LAS on delivery choice and start rotations ending with 3rd rotation on delivery choice and push up on RAS.

Example of 2. LAS 6 + A. Start rotating from 6 position, rotate 3 times and end at 6 while push RAS to 12

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The second one.

Though you don't have to always push straight up with the right stick, the release can be in any direction on the right stick, even down.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks cooks, it would be amazing if it worked outbreaks way.

yet another question from me. When spinning, how do people start their LAS rotations?

I have tried both of these methods and one time each works, the next go not as much, repeat ad nauseum

Method 1 - select delivery then push LAS to 12 (up) and then start your rotations ending with the 3rd one at 12 timed with RAS 12

Method 2 - select delivery but leave LAS on delivery choice and start rotations ending with 3rd rotation on delivery choice and push up on RAS.

Example of 2. LAS 6 + A. Start rotating from 6 position, rotate 3 times and end at 6 while push RAS to 12

I use Method 2, and I start turning the LAS on the spinners second step. That works out for me perfectly. Like MattW says, don't have to push up on RAS, slightly left or right will bring some nice variations.

GeordiSandman83

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi.

I purchased this game again this time on PS4! After owning it on PS3.

Now is it just me or is bowling a little more difficult to get wickets on career mode?!
I used to be able to bore people out with my Off Spinners nagging line and length.

Now I just bowl maiden after maiden.

Now I have heard that people say looking at the batsmens strengths and weaknesses! How do you do that?
Just analyse the players in the academy before you play them.

Or am I missing something and there is something I can click on during a match?

Users who are viewing this thread